3 patient evaluations for Milnacipran taken for the purpose of 'depressed mood' with a perceived effectiveness rating of None

8 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

May 1, 2012 (Started Mar 10, 2010)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
    Slight (for pain)
  • Side effects

Feb 15, 2012 (Started Feb 17, 2012)

None (for pain)
  • Side effects

Jan 31, 2012 (Started Dec 30, 2011)

None (for generalized anxiety disorder)
    None (for pain)
    None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (violent thoughts, psychotic symptoms (anxiety depression fear), mood swings)
Advice & Tips: Didn't see any positive effects, made me feel crazy. I'm normally a very calm, laid back person and it made me feel so violent I try to choke out my Fiance. It was truly like an out of body experience and I called the on call Dr immediately. I was Rx for severe nerve pain for Fibromyalgia. I don't have a history of any form of psychosis, but truly felt like I was not myself. Looking at other people's dosages it looks as though I was given an extremely high dosage right off the bat. However, I'm petrified to ever try it again even at a reasonable dose. Please be careful and question Dr's when they Rx new meds and the dosage sounds too high. Make them titrate the dosage up and the side effects will be less of a shock to your system and will be able to better evaluate the effectiveness of the medication.

Showing 3 of 3 patient evaluations for Milnacipran