2 patient evaluations for Levetiracetam taken for the purpose of 'seizures (grand mal or tonic-clonic)' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Major

19 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Nov 19, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2008)

Major (for seizures (grand mal or tonic-clonic))
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I have been taking Keppra for a long time now and I can't say I notice any bad effects at all. I still feel like a lot of the fatigue I have during the day are due to the medecine, but I feel this applies more to the tegretol than the Keppra. Since adding this to my regimen I have had a lot more control of the seizures and mostly been seizure free. I have been keeping 2 extra doses with me every day and extra reminders for myself for everyday doses.

Jul 31, 2010 (Started May 05, 2009)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
    Major (for seizures (grand mal or tonic-clonic))
    Slight (for myoclonic seizures)
  • Side effects
Dosage: 2000 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: One at night,one in the morning. Simple. For the first week or so,it made a bit drowsy,but now,nothing,no side effects at all,and it had greatly helped! I,at this point would never switch from Levetiracetam (Keppra),unless it's effectiveness diminished. No side effects,helps with my grand-mals,and help somewhat on my myoclonic and absence seizures,both of those don't bother me as much though anyway.

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for Levetiracetam