4 patient evaluations for Levetiracetam taken for the purpose of 'seizures' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Major

25 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Dec 24, 2014 (Started Oct 27, 2014)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (daytime sleepiness, dizziness)
Dosage: 750 mg Twice daily
Advice & Tips: As my G4 GBM has 'woken up' after debulking surgery, it's tickled the brain and caused a few seizures, so we've upped the dose to 750mg twice daily, which has increased the sensation of sleepiness and mild nausea - but really nothing to complain about. And IIRC, these symptoms do reduce after a week or two. Not feeling any of the symptoms some people get (no mood changes, anger or agressiveness problems).

Nov 28, 2014 (Started Oct 27, 2014)

Major (for seizures)
  • Side effects
    Mild (daytime sleepiness, dizziness)
Dosage: 500 mg Twice daily
Advice & Tips: I've got on so much better than with Phenytoin. Very mild dizziness and faintest hint of what may be a sort of nausea, neither of which are really worth mentioning, but worth it for being completely seizure free.

Dec 20, 2014 (Started Oct 28, 2014)

Major (for seizures)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (sleepiness)
Dosage: 500 mg Twice daily
Advice & Tips: I find Keppra makes me feel like I've had a beer or two at lunchtime on an empty stomach. Not a drunk feeling, but that roughly dulled sleepy feeling, with a slight unsteadiness that catches you on uneven ground. This does wear off after a few weeks, but comes back if you up the dose. However, you do keep a sharp and alert mind and unlike my Phenytoin experiences, you don't make rash or silky decisions or feel any Mild Cognitve Impairment. For that, I give Keppra my vote.

Feb 8, 2011 (Started May 01, 2009)

Major (for seizures)
  • Side effects
    Mild (constipation, insomnia)
Advice & Tips: This is the first AED that has helped me stay awake rather than putting me to sleep. With the XR version, I can stay awake all day most days -- that's a first for me.
Side effects: insomnia, decreased appetite, constipation

Jan 7, 2011 (Started May 01, 2009)

Major (for seizures)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (constipation, insomnia)
Side effects: insomnia, decreased appetite, constipation

Jul 6, 2010 (Started May 01, 2009)

Major (for seizures)
  • Side effects
    Mild (constipation, insomnia)
Advice & Tips: It makes me less sedated and reduces my appetite. I have to make sure and eat about when I take it because I won't want to eat if I wait an hour. I also can't take it late at night or I can't sleep. Dinner time is early enough.
Side effects: insomnia, decreased appetite, constipation

May 1, 2008 (Started Apr 06, 2008)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (I became tired at times., tiredness)
Dosage: 2000 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: this is a wonder drug along with depakote er.

Showing 4 of 4 patient evaluations for Levetiracetam