2 patient evaluations for Trazodone taken for the purpose of 'difficulty falling asleep' with a perceived effectiveness rating of None

908 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jul 15, 2017 (Started Jan 09, 2017)

None (for difficulty falling asleep)
  • Side effects
    None (for Overall)

Mar 20, 2017 (Started Jan 09, 2017)

Moderate (for difficulty falling asleep)
  • Side effects
    None (for Overall)
Advice & Tips: Trazodone really does help me to fall asleep and sleep through the night,i take it 4 nights a 7 day week on average and have had an overall positive experience with it.

Jul 15, 2010 (Started Jun 23, 2010)

None (for insomnia)
    None (for difficulty falling asleep)
  • Side effects
    Severe (for Overall) (ringing in ears (tinnitus))
Advice & Tips: This med only worked the first time/night I took it. I started out one tablet 100mg for one week. The first night was good, next day felt slow, brain fog, weak, lazy and hungry. But no sleep. Week two same thing, worked the first night then all the side effects only stronger. The third week was the same thing all over only worse side effects. This med did nothing to help me sleep, but it did make me feel awful.
Side effects: ringing in ears (tinnitus), brain fog

Jun 23, 2010 (Started Jun 23, 2010)

Moderate (for insomnia)
    Slight (for difficulty falling asleep)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (for Overall) (ringing in ears (tinnitus))
Advice & Tips: Vivid dreams, thats ok with me. Really making me feel run down during the daytime. No energy, fogy head feeling. It has gotten somewhat better after a week. Problems still with falling asleep. If I do wake up I manage to go back to sleep better. I could up the dose and maybe that would help to get me to sleep. I may try that at end of the week.
Side effects: ringing in ears (tinnitus), brain fog