10 patient evaluations for Pregabalin taken for the purpose of 'Pain' with a perceived effectiveness rating of None

71 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jul 1, 2014 (Started Jul 01, 2013)

Dosage: 75 mg Four times daily

Jan 28, 2014 (Started May 15, 2009)

None (for Pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (daytime sleepiness)

May 1, 2013 (Started Feb 14, 2013)

• Side effects

Jul 1, 2012 (Started May 10, 2011)

None (for generalized anxiety disorder)
    None (for pain in upper back)
    None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (problems concentrating, dry eyes, dizziness, swelling in legs, feet and ankles, brain fog, fatigue, memory loss, weight gain, excessive dry mouth)
Advice & Tips: I can't remember a few months of my life because I was so out of it I couldn't even carry on a conversation and was in danger because I acted as though I had dementia. It actually made my allodynia and hyperalgesia worse at the higher doses!

Dec 27, 2011 (Started May 10, 2011)

Slight (for Pain)
    Can’t tell (for pain in upper back)
    Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Wish I didn't have to take this it only helps the pain just enough to keep me on it. We've even tried lower doses, but I'm on the lowest without increasing my pain.

Jun 29, 2012 (Started Jan 04, 2001)

None (for Pain)
    Slight (for migraine headaches)
    Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (vision changes)
Advice & Tips: Coming off lyrics was horrible, ive done it twice now and b oth times it affected my vision badly.

Apr 28, 2012 (Started Oct 01, 2009)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG ANY MORE tHIS DRUG NEARLY CAUSED ME TO COMMIT SUSICIDE!
Side effects: feelings of isolation, muscle twitching, fluid retention under the eyes, large fluid filled blisters on face, facial swelling, itching arms and all over upper torso, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of hands, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of arms, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of feet, suicidal thoughts or urges

Aug 7, 2010 (Started Oct 01, 2009)

None (for muscle pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (jerky movements (dyskinesia) of feet, fluid retention under the eyes, itching arms and all over upper torso, large fluid filled blisters on face, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of hands, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of arms, feelings of isolation, facial swelling, suicidal thoughts or urges, muscle twitching)
Advice & Tips: I would tell anyone don't try it! Even my Dr. won't prescribe it anymore after seeing what it's done to me and researching it from the company that makes it. According to the side effects listed by the company, these are all a "normal" reactions. Well I wish I'd have known that before I took it. I've tried to get off about 6 times now and every time I get down to the last few days of one pill the feelings of suicide are just awful and scare me so bad I have to go back on them. I don't know what the answer to this is. Do I have to go in to drug rehab to get off of the darn things? I wonder.

Jan 24, 2010 (Started Oct 01, 2009)

Slight (for Pain)
    Can’t tell (for muscle pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (jerky movements (dyskinesia) of feet, fluid retention under the eyes, itching arms and all over upper torso, large fluid filled blisters on face, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of hands, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of arms, feelings of isolation, facial swelling, suicidal thoughts or urges, muscle twitching)
Advice & Tips: My doctor placed me on Lyrica thinking it might help my pain, and perhaps they do somewhat, but they cause severe swelling , especially on my face in fluid filled blister like things. I have small bumps under my skin all over my upper torso which itch awfully all the time. I've tried to get off this drug twice with my doctors help and every time I had to go back on because the suicidal feelings were so strong, I couldn't take it any more. I wouldn't wish this drug on anyone!

Jan 2, 2010 (Started Oct 01, 2009)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: This is a drug I wouldn't ever give to anyone I cared about! It has caused me nothing but trouble from day1. Between the huge fluid filled blisters on my face to the constant muscle twitches and jerks, this is a drug that is more tha a sligt burden to my daily life and I would qut taking it immediately if I could, but the last problem and most important problem is the severe suicidal feelings I get as soon as I lower the dosage.

Jan 15, 2012 (Started May 16, 2008)

None (for muscle pain)
    Moderate (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
    Severe (problems concentrating, blurry vision, weight gain, brain fog)
Advice & Tips: I was taking Lyrica for a few years and then I had trouble with my insurance paying for my script so I stopped using the Lyrica for awhile. I finally got things squared away with the insurance and I started taking Lyrica again at a lower dose. Within 3 days of restarting the Lyrica my family noticed that I had changed. I was groggy and not paying attention to important things. I felt a presence who talked to me and I talked back. That was a really creepy feeling once I realized what was happening. I stopped taking the Lyrica again because my family was shocked at the difference in my behavior. My pain is worse without the Lyrica, but my life is much better.
Side effects: problems concentrating, blurry vision, brain fog, weight gain, weight gain

Nov 29, 2009 (Started May 16, 2008)

Moderate (for Pain)
    Moderate (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
    Moderate (for muscle pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (problems concentrating, blurry vision, weight gain, brain fog)
Advice & Tips: Before I was taking my current dose of 600 mg. of Lyrica a day I was a total mess with electric type pain consuming my whole body in addition to the regular type of pain that the doctor prescribes regular pain meds for. Now that I am on such a high dose of the Lyrica I am at least able to live a normal life where I am not constantly being electrocuted by everything I touch and feel inside.

Dec 17, 2011 (Started Dec 07, 2011)

None (for Pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (increase in widespread pain)
Advice & Tips: I had a bad experience with this drug I got very sick and had to stay in bed. I stopped taking it and those symptoms went away. If you have autoimmune issues with many allergic reactions I'd be careful trying new drugs.

May 21, 2011 (Started May 01, 2011)

None (for Pain)
    None (for herniated disc)
    None (for sciatic neuralgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (dizziness, drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: Lyrica was never proven to help in alleviating sciatic pain. I tried to take it because the physiatrist suggested this medication and it is sometimes effective for chronic pain. The drowsiness and dizziness, commen side effects of this medication, did not subside with time. I did not have any pain relief. If you want to try this medication for sciatic pain due to herniated disc you should not spend a long time in evaluating the possible beneficial effects of this medication. If you don't see benefit after a couple of weeks I would suggest to move on to procedures that help. If the pain is intractable and epidural steroids don't help, it's time to search for a surgeon.

Sep 29, 2008 (Started Jan 01, 2006)

None (for Pain)
    None (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: This medication was less effective than a baby aspirin for me.

Showing 10 of 10 patient evaluations for Pregabalin