5 patient evaluations for Pregabalin taken for the purpose of 'nerve pain (neuralgia)' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Major

37 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Feb 29, 2012 (Started Nov 01, 2009)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
    Slight (for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome)
  • Side effects
    Mild (vertigo)
Advice & Tips: Cymbalta (duloxetine) was helpful, but did not usually address all of my nerve pain. I resumed Lyrica and slowly worked up to my current dosage until I achieved analgesia (absence of pain). The only time I notice nerve pain is on bad days when the nerve pain returns. I might speak to my pain management doctor about taking an additional dose on those days because the pain is significant. Not sure if this ia an accepted protocol.

Dec 2, 2010 (Started Nov 01, 2009)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (vertigo)
Advice & Tips: It reduces nerve pain in my legs, but it does not remove it most days. My arms are better, but when my bad days hit, it fails to cover the pain just like my legs. Overall, it appears to work, but it is not totally effective and increasing the dose is not

Oct 12, 2010 (Started Oct 12, 2010)

Major (for Pain)
    Major (for muscle pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (drunk feeling, sleepiness)
Advice & Tips: I picked up the medicine from the pharmacy, went home and ate and then took it. I was hurting pretty bad because I had been up most of the night with my 4 year old daughter coughing. My pain is worse when I don't get enough rest. I could tell about two hours after I took it that my pain was significantly decreased. I felt really good for the first time in a very, very long time. I was sooooo happy!!
Side effects: sleepiness, swelling in the abdominal region, drunk feeling, abdominal bloating

Aug 12, 2010 (Started Oct 12, 2010)

Slight (for Pain)
    Slight (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
    Slight (for muscle pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I was put on the titrate dose to end up taking 50mg twice a day, but it made me sick to my stomach, so the doctor changed it to 25mg twice a day and I don't feel sick anymore, but I still hurt.

Jan 28, 2010 (Started Jun 01, 2007)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: don't be afraid to try it. I don't know what I would do with out Lyrica the burning in my legs and the bottom of my feet were so bad when I didn't have Lyrica I never want to go back to those days again.

Oct 15, 2009 (Started Sep 01, 2009)

Major (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain)
Advice & Tips: I love, LOVE the way Lyrica is working. I have stopped my anti-depressant (the pain management seems to have decreased my depression). I do not have to take Klonipin for my RLS because the Lyrica works for it. I have NO pain... NONE!! This after a YEAR and a half of neurontin, ultram, and vicoden for the pain. I JUST take the lyrica, and take a small dose (100-150 mg at night). I also do not have to take the provigil. My fatigue has lessened a great deal. I guess because I am not constantly in pain, my brain and body isn't as tired. HOWEVER!!! I have gained 12 pounds in a month and a half. I had gastric bypass 3 years ago, so gaining weight is UNACCEPTABLE and scares me to death. I would rather be in negligable pain than to gain weight (yes, may be skewed, but as a former/forever morbidly obese person, I do NOT ever want to head in that direction). I will be weaning off of this - trying wellbutrin (my Internist recommended to try it cause it has worked in 60% of ppl for neuropathy pain), then I am going to see if an occasional dose of lyrica will help but keep the weight gain at bay. Going off of this makes me sad, but gaining weight scares me too much.
Side effects: weight gain

Oct 10, 2009 (Started Sep 01, 2009)

Major (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain)
Advice & Tips: Got rid of RLS and seemed to improve my depression without the pain, also increased my stamina without the pain, HOWEVER, I gained 12 pounds in 6 weeks, which, for me is unacceptable.
Side effects: weight gain

Sep 21, 2009 (Started Sep 01, 2009)

Major (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight gain)
Advice & Tips: This med started working after my FIRST dose. I have been on neurontin for over a year and a half. Told my neurologist I was still having nerve pain, but it was minor and managable. She said lets try Lyrica. Put me on 50 in am and 50 in PM. AMAZING!! I never knew that a small amt of pain could have such a large impact. For the first time in OVER a year and a half, I have been PAIN free for a month. I have stopped my klonipin for severe RLS (been on it for over 5 years), Zoloft for depression, neurontin, take ultram for other aches and pains, but not ever day or nearly that often, and hardly take my vicoden anymore, I don't need it. I also don't need the provigil because I am not so tired because I do not have to fight the pain!
Side effects: weight gain

Jul 16, 2009 (Started Nov 15, 2008)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
    Major (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
    Moderate (for muscle pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (blurry vision)
Side effects: blurry vision

Showing 5 of 5 patient evaluations for Pregabalin