4 patient evaluations for Fentanyl patch taken for the purpose of 'pain' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Slight

10 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Apr 12, 2016 (Started May 01, 2011)

Dosage: 100 mcg Weekly
Advice & Tips: I change my patch every 72 hours so when I put my patch on I write the date on my patch with a permanent marker so I don't have to keep track of when to put on a new one. ....... I am a woman and I have found after many trials and errors that the best place to stick the patches is underneath your breast. The patch adheres nicely to that skin and nobody sees it. It isn't bothered by your bra either. When I put it on I hold my hand over the patch to the count of 30 so my hand warms up the adhesive so it sticks all the way around. I will look up the brand as this brand that I asked the pharmacist to get is the best brand around. Like others said, there is a difference in the brands and I told my pharmacist that! ....... I am still in horrible pain so I don't know how much pain I would be in if I did not have the Fentanyl Patch to wear. I know that when I first started wearing it I felt some difference when I got to the 100mcg patch.

Jul 1, 2012 (Started Apr 06, 2009)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (constipation, sexual dysfunction, dry mouth, loss of energy, adhesive reaction)
Dosage: 75 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: due to a skin allergy and several side effects i stopped the patch and started a new medication
Side effects: adhesive reaction, dry mouth, sexual dysfunction, loss of energy, constipation

May 13, 2009 (Started Apr 06, 2009)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
    Slight (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (constipation, sexual dysfunction, dry mouth, loss of energy, adhesive reaction)
Dosage: 100 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: definately the adhesive sensetivity.

Oct 4, 2010 (Started Dec 15, 2009)

Dosage: 50 mcg Daily

Nov 2, 2009 (Started Jun 22, 2009)

Slight (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (constipation, dry mouth, loss of energy, emotional withdrawal, withdrawal effects)
Dosage: 100 mcg Every Other Week
Advice & Tips: The patch would seem to fall off before the days were up and I would need more than what was given and couldn't get more so withdrawl was severe.
Side effects: withdrawal effects, loss of energy, emotional withdrawal, constipation, dry mouth, constipation

Jul 1, 2009 (Started Jun 22, 2009)

Major (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (constipation, dry mouth, loss of energy, withdrawal effects)
Dosage: 100 mcg Every Other Week