8 patient evaluations for Topiramate taken for the purpose of 'migraine headaches' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Moderate

108 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

May 9, 2016 (Started Jul 01, 2015)

Moderate (for migraine headaches)
    Moderate (for cluster headaches)
Dosage: 50 mg Twice daily

Feb 15, 2013 (Started Dec 03, 2009)

• Side effects

Sep 13, 2010 (Started Sep 13, 2009)

Moderate (for migraine headaches)
  • Side effects
    Mild (hands tingling)
Side effects: hands tingling

Mar 1, 2010 (Started Jul 08, 2009)

Moderate (for migraine headaches)
  • Side effects
    Mild (whole body shaking, shivering)
Advice & Tips: When you 1st start taking it you may feel a little foggy for a week or two until it gets in your system. It does go away. This helped my nueropathy type symptoms, fire shooting through my toes etc. Tingly limbs etc. I would take @exact same time every day. It is very uncomfortable when it wears off. feels like you are having spasm all through your body, internal shaking. A good side effect of this medication is it will help control weight gain and you may even lose weight from it.
Side effects: whole body shaking, shivering

Jan 13, 2010 (Started Nov 16, 2009)

None (for left side tingling)
    Moderate (for migraine headaches)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (sleepiness)
Advice & Tips: Currently it makes me very sleeply. I fell asleep at my job today and it was very hard to drive home. I had to open up the window and play the music a little loud.
Side effects: sleepiness

Sep 10, 2009 (Started )

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: i like it is helps i am have had to up the prescription i just started and srill trying to figure right dose but i am other wise happy with it

Apr 8, 2009 (Started May 01, 2005)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: The reason for taking this medication in the beginning was to prevent/treat migraine headaches...I was taking topamax. Then the dosage was was increased gradually by my neurologist until I reached the 500mg I am on today to also treat the seizures. I was admitted to the hospital for testing in November 09 and released with a prescription that it could be filled with the generic and I have had headaches, break through seizures and literally felt as though I have had "bugs" crawling in my head!! I and my epileptologist have tried to work with my insurance company to get me back on the brand name topamax but obviously they aren't budging on this one so I guess I will be taking generic and dealing with the side effects of this... anyone have any suggestions I would love to hear from you . I don't understand how they can approve me taking the brand before I went in the hosital and because the prescription was signed in the wrong blank they won't approve it now...!!

Dec 18, 2008 (Started Dec 06, 2008)

Slight (for heightened sense of smell (hyperosmia))
    Moderate (for migraine headaches)
  • Side effects
    Mild (dry mouth)
Advice & Tips: Don't go off of it cold turkey. It does help with the migraines. Talk with your Doc about dose.
Side effects: dry mouth

Showing 8 of 8 patient evaluations for Topiramate