2 patient evaluations for Oxcarbazepine taken for the purpose of 'seizures (complex partial)' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Slight

4 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Dec 15, 2011 (Started Aug 22, 2009)

Slight (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (tiredness)

Oct 14, 2010 (Started Aug 22, 2009)

Slight (for seizures (complex partial))
  • Side effects
    Moderate (tiredness)
Advice & Tips: Unless I take this on a very full stomach it makes me very sleepy so I recommend eating a very large breakfast before taking it in the mornings. However, I take twice as much at night and cannot sleep, I don't understand that. Either way if you are taking this medication in the morning there is a good chance it is going to make you want to go back to bed.

Nov 18, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2005)

Slight (for seizures (complex partial))
  • Side effects
    Mild (wake up feeling just as tired as before nap, sensitivity to sudden loud noises)
Dosage: 300 mg/5 mL Daily
Advice & Tips: i remember taking all my meds by putting them all in a am pm weekly pill box. it helps me greatly. I am a forgetful person due to brain surgery. question # 2 and 3 are answered by taking all my meds together i take 4 meds that work together to keep my siezures under control.
Side effects: wake up feeling just as tired as before nap, sensitivity to sudden loud noises, sensitivity to sudden loud noises

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for Oxcarbazepine