1 patient evaluation for Zolpidem taken for the purpose of 'insomnia' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Can’t tell

8 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Mar 15, 2011 (Started Oct 20, 2008)

Can't tell (for insomnia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (memory loss, sleep eating)
Advice & Tips: One 10mg tab was never enough to induce sleep. I always had to take another tab about 6 hours later, which would allow about 3 hours of sleep. Just not enough. If the doctor would have allowed me to take 2 tabs at once, it would have worked well, as it used to with my Doc in Cincinnati. Early years taking Ambien caused amnesia if my husband were to wake me up for one reason or another, and I did get up and eat at times without memory, but I never left the house as I have heard reported. The sleep was very comfortable when the drug worked. And no morning hangover effect. My new primary phys. rec. I stop the Ambien, and try Deseryl, even though I've tried it in the past without effective results. But, maybe with my different regime of meds at the present, will make a difference.
Side effects: sleep eating, memory loss

Showing 1 of 1 patient evaluation for Zolpidem