2 patient evaluations for Clonazepam taken for the purpose of 'insomnia' with a perceived effectiveness rating of None

10 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Feb 1, 2011 (Started Feb 02, 2010)

• Side effects

Jul 18, 2010 (Started Feb 02, 2010)

• Side effects

Apr 16, 2010 (Started May 01, 2009)

Major (for anxious mood)
    Major (for panic attacks)
  • Side effects
    Mild (drug dependence)
Dosage: 1.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I began taking this for panic attacks. Noticed in the beginning of treatment I took it at bedtime and I slept better. Now has no effect on sleep except that I probably am now dependent and would have a hard time sleeping without it. But no more panic attacks since I began taking this over a year ago so dependency is an acceptable trade-off. Overall has improved my life because panic attacks take me out of my life.
Side effects: drug dependence

Nov 16, 2009 (Started May 01, 2009)

Major (for anxious mood)
    Major (for panic attacks)
Dosage: 1.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I began taking clonazepam for panic and anxiety and insomnia. I took it before bed and it helped me sleep and controlled my anxiety during the day. I was overjoyed. After a month or so it was nearly useless as a sleep aid BUT I have never had another panic attack since I began taking this drug. If you suffer from panic attacks you already know it is the worst feeling ever. As a generic it is very cheap.
Side effects: drug dependence