3 patient evaluations for Amitriptyline taken for the purpose of 'migraine headaches' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Slight

16 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Mar 23, 2015 (Started Dec 17, 2013)

Moderate (for circulation problems)
    Slight (for pain)
  • Side effects

Sep 8, 2014 (Started Jan 09, 2014)

Slight (for migraine headaches)
    Slight (for atypical migraine)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (drowsiness)

Jun 19, 2014 (Started Jan 09, 2014)

Slight (for migraine headaches)
    Slight (for atypical migraine)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: When you start taking this, don't plan to drive after your morning dose or after dinner time until you've discovered how it affects you regarding tiredness.

Jul 13, 2010 (Started Sep 20, 2009)

Slight (for migraine headaches)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: Was very effective initially for making me feel better rested. Started at 10mg at bedtime for 3 weeks and then upped to 20mg at bedtime for several months. After about a month and a half migraine frequency was reduced and length of attacks was reduced. After about five months the migraines started coming more frequently again and were lasting longer. Neurologist recommended that I increase the dose and see if that helped and keep doing that every few weeks until either the frequency of the attacks was manageable or the side effects became intolerable. Went to 30mg at bedtime but found I couldn't get up in the morning as I was too drowsy. Started taking 30mg at dinnertime but found that I couldn't stay alert long enough to get anything accomplished in the evening (I work full time, go to school part time, and have two kids and a husband that works 70+ hours a week so evening productivity is vital!) so I asked to try something else. Waiting for my next appointment with the neuro which is unfortunately 6 months away. Pharmacy was then unable to get the 10mg tablets so I was switched to one 25mg tablet. In the meantime I was officially diagnosed with Fibromyalgia by another specialist and she recommended that I be weaned off of the Amitriptyline for now so we can properly assess my reaction to Lyrica. I had absolutely no reduction in the Fibromyalgia pain from the Amitriptyline.
Side effects: drowsiness

Showing 3 of 3 patient evaluations for Amitriptyline