2 patient evaluations for Hydrocodone-Acetaminophen taken for the purpose of 'muscle pain' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Major

8 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jan 4, 2011 (Started Nov 23, 2009)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
    Major (for muscle pain)
    Moderate (for whole body ache)
  • Side effects
Dosage: 2 x 500 mg-5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I manage it only if I can't take the pain... but I'm scared to get addicted to the med. is very devastating dealing with pain and med.

Sep 17, 2009 (Started Sep 01, 2005)

Major (for muscle pain)
  • Side effects
Dosage: 500 mg-5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: It grieves me v. much to hear all the negative press and judgementalism about Vicodin users. Of all the treatments I have tried, 1/2 a tab of Vicodin, taken about 4 times a day has been the absolute best treatment, with virtually zero side effects, and allows me to think clearly, and accomplish my studies as a full-time student, as well as work fulltime. Right now, I have had the ability to obtain this drug curtailed by the doubts of my physicians and worries that I am going to abuse it. I suppose this comes from real reports of so many other abusers. However, during the rare times when my pain level is very low, I feel no need to take it and do not take it. So that is my side of the story. If I did not use Vicodin, the most effective agent that allows me the freedom to be the most active in society, I would have spent many more days home from work in bed.

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for Hydrocodone-Acetaminophen