3 patient evaluations for Venlafaxine taken for the purpose of 'anxious mood' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Moderate

31 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Apr 11, 2011 (Started Jan 05, 2009)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
    Moderate (for depressed mood)
    Moderate (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Mild (depressed mood, weight gain, panic attacks, drowsiness)
Side effects: weight gain, drowsiness, panic attacks, depressed mood, depressed mood

Dec 19, 2009 (Started Jan 05, 2009)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
    Major (for depressed mood)
    Moderate (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (depressed mood, weight gain, panic attacks, drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: I feel much better since I have been taking Effexor. Before I started this treatment I thought I was losing my mind. My anxiety, panic attacks, and depression was out of control. This treatment has saved my life, and now although I am disabled due to depression, and fribomyalgia, I feel hopeful, and that's a great thing to feel.

Nov 21, 2009 (Started Jan 05, 2009)

Moderate (for depressed mood)
    Moderate (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (depressed mood, weight gain, panic attacks, drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: This medication controlls my major depression. Without it I felt like I was losing my mind. It does affect my weight, and causes me to be drowsy during the day time. I barely sleep at night 2-4 hours each night. So it would be good if I could go to sleep at bedtime and stay asleep. Instead of feeling sleepy during the day time. Now that I am not working the cost of this medication is becoming a burden, but I need it and will find a way to pay for it.

Jul 21, 2010 (Started Mar 06, 2007)

Moderate (for anxious mood)
    Major (for loss of coordination)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I was first put on Effexor and now its Venlafaxine er (the generic form of effexor) for balance/ dizziness. I was told by a dr to drop effexor and take Bupropion (Generic fro wellbutrin) but 2 days I was falling over myself. so I am now on both and doing fine.
Side effects: decreased sex drive (libido)

May 21, 2010 (Started Mar 06, 2007)

Moderate (for anxious mood)
    Major (for loss of coordination)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (decreased sex drive (libido))
Advice & Tips: I take Effexor XR in the morning after i eat something and if I dont take my morning meds I sure do know that night I am really off balance. and I do notice that if I am out in the public (In a crowd) that I get very close to have an anxity attact.
Side effects: decreased sex drive (libido)

Feb 17, 2010 (Started Aug 01, 2008)

Moderate (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain)
Dosage: 37.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: It was oringinally prescribed for hot flashes, and it doesn't work at all for those and I having been gaining wt. every month, which I always had a problem gaining now I can't stop gaining weight.
Side effects: weight gain

Showing 3 of 3 patient evaluations for Venlafaxine