4 patient evaluations for Venlafaxine taken for the purpose of 'anxious mood' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Slight

20 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Mar 14, 2011 (Started Mar 14, 2011)

None (for dystonia)
    Slight (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects

Nov 19, 2010 (Started May 01, 2005)

Dosage: 37.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: This medication was slightly helpful when added to the Trileptal that I had already been taking for a few months. I am on the lowest possible dose now and could probably stop taking it (it's been 4 years) but I'm reluctant to do so because of the very unpleasant withdrawal symptoms I experience (severe parathesia which feel like electric shocks, eventually causing muscle cramps). I'm also a bit scared that my mood would go back to the way it was 4 years ago. It's almost certainly the Trileptal that's fixed my problems, but since the Effexor is relatively inexpensive I've adopted an 'If it aint broke, don't fix it' attitude towards the situation. If that changes in the future I'll update.

Feb 2, 2010 (Started May 01, 2005)

Moderate (for anxious mood)
Dosage: 37.5 mg Daily

Jul 25, 2010 (Started Jul 12, 2010)

Moderate (for major depressive disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Venlafaxine made me extremely sleepy, at start of the treatment I was able only to sit the whole day on my couch. This effect diminished a bit after a week or two, especially when I started taking it at bedtime. The reason that brought me to stopping this treatment was complete lack of appetite, and weird feeling on stomach. I am underweight, I can't take pills that make me stop eating... :( Third side was increased anxiety, but this floated from day to day...

Jul 1, 2010 (Started Mar 01, 2006)

Moderate (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects

Jan 24, 2009 (Started Mar 01, 2006)

Moderate (for depressed mood)
    Moderate (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Don't go more than 24 hours past your dosage time or the symptoms can be severe

Showing 4 of 4 patient evaluations for Venlafaxine