4 patient evaluations for Bupropion taken for the purpose of 'anxious mood' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Moderate

19 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Feb 6, 2017 (Started Dec 04, 2009)

None (for tobacco use disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I continue taking Wellbutrin daily in the morning. I have many helpful strategies for reducing anxiety. Pair those coping skills with this medication, I have been able to avoid the benzodiazepines. I initially asked Pdoc for this med to assist my stop smoking nicotine efforts. The effects of the anti-anxiety component were noticeable behaviorally: symptoms reduced and intensity of symptoms lessened. As far as helping with my depression, I have been without an episode of major depression for as long as I have been taking Wellbutrin. I don't allocate all credit to this med. I take Trintellix also.I have noticed a more consistent level of lower anxiety on Wellbutrin.

Nov 29, 2015 (Started Dec 04, 2009)

None (for tobacco use disorder)
    Moderate (for depressed mood)
    Moderate (for bipolar disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Just wanting to update. I continue taking Wellbutrin daily in the morning. I have many helpful strategies for reducing anxiety. Pair those coping skills with this medication, I have been able to avoid the benzodiazepines.

Apr 6, 2011 (Started Dec 04, 2009)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I initially asked Pdoc for this med to assist my stop smoking nicotine efforts. The effects of the anti-anxiety component were noticeable behaviorally: symptoms reduced and intensity of symptoms lessened. As far as helping with my depression, I have been without an episode of major depression for as long as I have been taking wellbutrin. I don't allocate all credit to this med. I take Pristiq also. So, did it help me quit smoking? not yet.

Oct 25, 2010 (Started Dec 04, 2009)

Can’t tell (for bipolar disorder)
    Slight (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I have noticed a more consistent level of lower anxiety on Wellbutrin. It has also noticeably helped decrease the depression a degree during episodes. I have also decreased my tabacco intake since taking .

Dec 15, 2010 (Started Mar 17, 2010)

Dosage: 300 mg/24 hours Daily

Apr 3, 2009 (Started Mar 28, 2009)

Can’t tell (for Other)
    Moderate (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Severe (vertigo, internal temperamental thoughts, guilt or self blame, self hatred or loathing, stomach pain, moodiness)
Dosage: 150 mg/24 hours Daily
Advice & Tips: This medicine has helped me curb my need for nicotine, but has caused major moodiness and dizziness.
Side effects: vertigo, guilt or self blame, self hatred or loathing, internal temperamental thoughts, moodiness, stomach pain

Feb 19, 2009 (Started Mar 20, 2008)

Dosage: 600 Daily