18 patient evaluations for Milnacipran taken for the purpose of 'fibromyalgia' with a perceived effectiveness rating of None

110 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Oct 6, 2012 (Started Jun 15, 2012)

None (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (serotonin syndrome)
Advice & Tips: The reaction between this medication and another medication along with something I ate caused Serotonin Toxicity Syndrome putting me in the hospital for 3 days.

Jul 28, 2012 (Started Jul 28, 2011)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (hot flashes, excessive sweating)
Advice & Tips: I am currently lowering my dosage to discontinue this treatment i take 50 mg a day atm

Jun 21, 2012 (Started Jun 07, 2012)

None (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (dryness)
Dosage: 12.5 mg Daily

May 15, 2012 (Started Apr 25, 2012)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (excessive dry mouth)
Advice & Tips: I took this for almost 2 months. It caused such dryness in my mouth that my taste buds were hard and swollen. It became painful to swallow.

Mar 23, 2012 (Started Jan 15, 2012)

None (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (nausea)

Jan 31, 2012 (Started Dec 30, 2011)

None (for generalized anxiety disorder)
    None (for depressed mood)
    None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (violent thoughts, psychotic symptoms (anxiety depression fear), mood swings)
Advice & Tips: Didn't see any positive effects, made me feel crazy. I'm normally a very calm, laid back person and it made me feel so violent I try to choke out my Fiance. It was truly like an out of body experience and I called the on call Dr immediately. I was Rx for severe nerve pain for Fibromyalgia. I don't have a history of any form of psychosis, but truly felt like I was not myself. Looking at other people's dosages it looks as though I was given an extremely high dosage right off the bat. However, I'm petrified to ever try it again even at a reasonable dose. Please be careful and question Dr's when they Rx new meds and the dosage sounds too high. Make them titrate the dosage up and the side effects will be less of a shock to your system and will be able to better evaluate the effectiveness of the medication.

Jan 16, 2012 (Started Jul 15, 2011)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: This Medication did wonder;s in the begining of the treatment, however over time the medication stopped working, and when I stopped I had run out of medication, before it had came in to the clinic, and I couldn't tell any difference in not taking it been off for nearlyy 6 weeks, and still no difference's at all.

Aug 1, 2011 (Started Jul 13, 2011)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (nausea, diarrhea)
Advice & Tips: Be careful of stomach upset, such as nauseousness and diarrhea. If it continues, talk with your doctor. I let mine go on for 3 weeks, and I became very, very ill. I thought the symptoms would get better with time. Also, be careful of any drug interactions with this drug.
Side effects: nausea, diarrhea

Nov 8, 2010 (Started Nov 02, 2010)

Dosage: 12.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: Experiencing greater than normal suicidal thoughts again and just not sure if the medicine is causing this and also swelling and pain in my feet. Trying to get off as many meds as I can as my I seem to be intolerant of many meds and I can't tell if this is helping or hurting me. Plus it scares me to be taking so many meds. I only had professional samples - I never filled the script as I never had the money (have been out of work for 3 months since getting hte script and have had no money).

Aug 31, 2010 (Started Aug 11, 2010)

None (for fibromyalgia)
    None (for whole body joint ache)

Showing 10 of 18 patient evaluations for Milnacipran