33 patient evaluations for Pregabalin taken for the purpose of 'fibromyalgia' with a perceived effectiveness rating of None

380 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Feb 1, 2017 (Started Jul 01, 2010)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (sweating increased, nausea, swelling in legs, feet and ankles, headaches, weight gain)
Advice & Tips: I developed EVERY side effect listed, just about. It was a disaster.

Jan 28, 2014 (Started May 15, 2009)

None (for Pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (daytime sleepiness)

Jan 8, 2014 (Started Jul 01, 2006)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (major depressive disorder, bipolar manic episodes)
Advice & Tips: if you have ANY feelings of anxiety, depression, paranoia, etc. go IMMEDIATELY to your doctor or emergency!!!!!!

Jul 1, 2013 (Started Dec 07, 2010)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (nausea and vomiting)

Apr 1, 2011 (Started Dec 07, 2010)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (nausea and vomiting)

May 1, 2013 (Started Feb 14, 2013)

• Side effects

Sep 15, 2012 (Started Aug 15, 2012)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (increased pain)
Advice & Tips: Try samples first. It helps a lot of people, it just didn't work for me.

Jul 1, 2012 (Started May 10, 2011)

None (for generalized anxiety disorder)
    None (for pain in upper back)
    None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (problems concentrating, dry eyes, dizziness, swelling in legs, feet and ankles, brain fog, fatigue, memory loss, weight gain, excessive dry mouth)
Advice & Tips: I can't remember a few months of my life because I was so out of it I couldn't even carry on a conversation and was in danger because I acted as though I had dementia. It actually made my allodynia and hyperalgesia worse at the higher doses!

Dec 27, 2011 (Started May 10, 2011)

None (for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome)
    None (for generalized anxiety disorder)
    Slight (for Pain)
    Can’t tell (for pain in upper back)
    Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Wish I didn't have to take this it only helps the pain just enough to keep me on it. We've even tried lower doses, but I'm on the lowest without increasing my pain.

Apr 28, 2012 (Started Oct 01, 2009)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG ANY MORE tHIS DRUG NEARLY CAUSED ME TO COMMIT SUSICIDE!
Side effects: feelings of isolation, muscle twitching, fluid retention under the eyes, large fluid filled blisters on face, facial swelling, itching arms and all over upper torso, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of hands, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of arms, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of feet, suicidal thoughts or urges

Aug 7, 2010 (Started Oct 01, 2009)

None (for muscle pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (jerky movements (dyskinesia) of feet, fluid retention under the eyes, itching arms and all over upper torso, large fluid filled blisters on face, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of hands, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of arms, feelings of isolation, facial swelling, suicidal thoughts or urges, muscle twitching)
Advice & Tips: I would tell anyone don't try it! Even my Dr. won't prescribe it anymore after seeing what it's done to me and researching it from the company that makes it. According to the side effects listed by the company, these are all a "normal" reactions. Well I wish I'd have known that before I took it. I've tried to get off about 6 times now and every time I get down to the last few days of one pill the feelings of suicide are just awful and scare me so bad I have to go back on them. I don't know what the answer to this is. Do I have to go in to drug rehab to get off of the darn things? I wonder.

Jan 24, 2010 (Started Oct 01, 2009)

Slight (for Pain)
    Can’t tell (for muscle pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (jerky movements (dyskinesia) of feet, fluid retention under the eyes, itching arms and all over upper torso, large fluid filled blisters on face, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of hands, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of arms, feelings of isolation, facial swelling, suicidal thoughts or urges, muscle twitching)
Advice & Tips: My doctor placed me on Lyrica thinking it might help my pain, and perhaps they do somewhat, but they cause severe swelling , especially on my face in fluid filled blister like things. I have small bumps under my skin all over my upper torso which itch awfully all the time. I've tried to get off this drug twice with my doctors help and every time I had to go back on because the suicidal feelings were so strong, I couldn't take it any more. I wouldn't wish this drug on anyone!

Jan 2, 2010 (Started Oct 01, 2009)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: This is a drug I wouldn't ever give to anyone I cared about! It has caused me nothing but trouble from day1. Between the huge fluid filled blisters on my face to the constant muscle twitches and jerks, this is a drug that is more tha a sligt burden to my daily life and I would qut taking it immediately if I could, but the last problem and most important problem is the severe suicidal feelings I get as soon as I lower the dosage.

Jan 1, 2012 (Started Aug 01, 2011)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (brain fog, Pain)
Advice & Tips: lyrica left me in more pain in different places.. my shoulder blades... upper back, tightness in my ribcage, feeling like a truck parked on my back.. and getting off this prescription was extremely painful.. pain through the roof, like the worst flu every..

Dec 17, 2011 (Started Dec 07, 2011)

None (for Pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (increase in widespread pain)
Advice & Tips: I had a bad experience with this drug I got very sick and had to stay in bed. I stopped taking it and those symptoms went away. If you have autoimmune issues with many allergic reactions I'd be careful trying new drugs.

Showing 10 of 33 patient evaluations for Pregabalin