3 patient evaluations for Carisoprodol taken for the purpose of 'fibromyalgia' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Moderate

19 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Oct 8, 2010 (Started Oct 08, 2007)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
    Moderate (for muscle spasms in lower back)
    Moderate (for muscle pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I started taking Soma for Endometriosis two years prior to being diagnosed with Fibro. Taking it then it worked really well for relaxation but i was pairing it with Vicodin and it would just put me to sleep. Since being diagnosed with Fibro I have been really having a lot of trouble relaxing and this medication allows me to relax. It also promotes sleep. The only downside i have found is that tolerance gets really high quickly so it requires higher and higher dosage which prevents you from taking other meds.

Mar 25, 2010 (Started Nov 01, 2009)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
    Moderate (for muscle pain)
    Major (for muscle spasms)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Soma is the ONLY muscle relaxant that has proven effective against my unbearable muscle spasms/contractions. I can do more exercises in physical therapy when I take it right before the session.
Side effects: excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence)

Dec 11, 2009 (Started Jan 01, 2006)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (drowsiness, sleepiness, brain fog)
Advice & Tips: sometimes I can take this and I'm okay other times I take it and I'm a walking zombie or asleep oe just outofit sowhere scaring my neighbors and friends who don't understand what I'm going thru . So they all think I'm a druggie and I'm afraid to go out in public in case this is the time the pills are going to kick in and make me weird or mor weird than usual. I really hate life sometimes. When my neighbors call my husband and say I think she's OD'ing on something and these are people that are suppose to be your friends. I know not everybody knows my situation but it still hurts when it happens, you gey to the point where you just say screw it why bother going out I'll just get hurt anyways So you start staying home more and more. Or am I the only one that feel this way???????????
Side effects: drowsiness, sleepiness, brain fog

Showing 3 of 3 patient evaluations for Carisoprodol