2 patient evaluations for Zolpidem taken for the purpose of 'insomnia' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Slight

21 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jul 1, 2013 (Started Mar 09, 2012)

Slight (for insomnia)
    Slight (for sleep problems)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (addictive (prefer to take a pill every night to sleep very soundly), very hard to wake me)

Apr 18, 2013 (Started Mar 09, 2012)

Major (for insomnia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (addictive (prefer to take a pill every night to sleep very soundly), very hard to wake me)
Advice & Tips: I have taken a lot of different prescribed sleeping pills and have had very little success with them. With Ambien I have had great success with it. It allows me to actually get several hours of sleep. May not be the full 8 hours, but it defiantly allows me to sleep better.

Feb 12, 2013 (Started Mar 09, 2012)

• Side effects

Mar 29, 2012 (Started Mar 09, 2012)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: So far I have only had to take this medication twice since I got it. It is take as needed and I have been really trying to fall asleep on my own. There has been times I have had to take it and when I do I take a 1/2 a pill because I can take a 1/2 to full pill a night. It works great to help me fall asleep and I don't wake up the next morning with that "drunk" feeling. I have really enjoyed having the medication by my side.

Aug 15, 2009 (Started Jul 01, 1998)

Slight (for insomnia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (psychosis disorder)
Advice & Tips: I had been off Ambien for a while. I raised my Dopamine with L-Tyrosine which reduced my FM Pain level 75%. One night I could not sleep, so I took an Ambien . The next Day My pain shot up to 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for Zolpidem