2 patient evaluations for Prednisone taken for the purpose of 'systemic lupus erythematosus' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Can’t tell

31 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jul 14, 2013 (Started Jun 01, 2013)

Can't tell (for systemic lupus erythematosus)
  • Side effects
    Severe (weight gain, mood swings, abdominal bloating)
Advice & Tips: I will no longer take Prednisone at any dosage. It makes me feel like I'm losing my mind. Extreme weepiness, depression, anger. For me, it is awful.

Jul 11, 2013 (Started Jun 01, 2013)

Can't tell (for systemic lupus erythematosus)
  • Side effects
    Severe (weight gain, mood swings, abdominal bloating)

Jun 1, 2013 (Started Jun 01, 2013)

Can't tell (for systemic lupus erythematosus)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain, mood swings, abdominal bloating)
Advice & Tips: Wane down carefully as prescribed. I started with 20 mg daily last month, and after 2 weeks, went to 15 mg for 4 days, then 10 mg for 4 days, and I will get to 5 mg.

Apr 19, 2012 (Started Jun 01, 2013)

Can't tell (for systemic lupus erythematosus)
  • Side effects
    Severe (weight gain, mood swings, abdominal bloating)
Advice & Tips: I hated being on Prednisone, and was never able to see if it had positive effects because I stopped after a couple months. The bloating, weight gain, and moodiness were too much for me to handle. I gained 10-15 pounds while taking it (which is quite extreme on my petite 5'2'' frame). Also, my mood swings were uncontrollable. The drug wasn't for me, and possibly because I was put on too high of a dosage. Because of my bad experience, I never take steroids, unless it is a 1-time injection to help my immune system beat a cold.

Dec 5, 1999 (Started Feb 05, 1997)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I used predisone b/c I was positive for anti heart block. I used it for my last 2 pregnancies. My children were both born healthy. It deteriorated my bone density but was worth it.

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for Prednisone