4 patient evaluations for Topiramate taken for the purpose of 'epilepsy' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Slight

45 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

May 19, 2014 (Started Jul 29, 2005)

Slight (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (hair loss, hair loss)
Advice & Tips: after trying 4 different kinds of seizure med gained 70 lbs I asked to go back to Dilantin . now they feel other meds or symptoms may be counteracting with my Dilantin from working , trying me on metformin for sugar to help with counteractions .

Mar 8, 2014 (Started Jul 29, 2005)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (hair loss, hair loss)
Advice & Tips: I have to take topomax reg DAW because the generic topomax causes me to have , pedimal seizures . No matter what the dr, or insurance co. tells you , the generic is not as safe , always found out many times with other meds .

May 25, 2012 (Started Mar 12, 2012)

• Side effects

Nov 23, 2009 (Started Jan 01, 2004)

Slight (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (word fishing, brain fog, tremor in hands)
Side effects: word fishing, tremor in hands, brain fog

Jul 7, 2000 (Started May 28, 2000)

Slight (for BOTH EPILEPY AND PHYSCOSIS)
    Slight (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Severe (ACUTE PHYSCOSIS WICH HAD TO BE TREATED WITH PROMAZINE 50 MG ORAL OR IM, psychotic symptoms (anxiety depression fear))
Advice & Tips: The impact this drug had on my social and my whole life were unpleasant, it was given me both to treat my epilepsy and physocis I was going through at the time. The only alternative was Carbamazipine which was ruled out due to severe liver damage. I was on a mental health unit at this time and was treated with it whilst in hospital

Showing 4 of 4 patient evaluations for Topiramate