4 patient evaluations for Pregabalin taken for the purpose of 'myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Moderate

33 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jul 20, 2015 (Started Oct 10, 2008)

Moderate (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Moderate (for Pain)
    Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (heart rate increased, headaches, dry mouth, muscle twitching, blurry vision, weight gain)
Dosage: 100 mg Twice daily
Advice & Tips: Be VERY careful about missed doses - especially on higher dosages. I found when they had me on higher dosages that if I missed a dose - or heaven forbid, ran out, I had horrible withdrawal symptoms (much like a heroine addict) with sweats and chills and abdominal cramping and nausea with explosive diarrhea.
Side effects: heart rate increased, weight gain, dizziness, dry mouth, blurry vision, muscle twitching, headaches

Apr 5, 2012 (Started Oct 10, 2008)

Major (for stiffness/spasticity)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I had no idea how much pain I had on a constant level until I took this. It has worked wonderfully on the fibromyalgia pain, which is not MS related. I have applied to and been accepted by Pfizer's program that offers Lyrica free to those who are on limited incomes. If you are on a limited income, look up Pfizer's free Lyrica program on the internet.

Dec 17, 2008 (Started Oct 10, 2008)

Major (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Major (for Pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (heart rate increased, headaches, dry mouth, muscle twitching, blurry vision)

Dec 11, 2008 (Started Oct 10, 2008)

Can’t tell (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Major (for Pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (heart rate increased, headaches, dry mouth, muscle twitching, blurry vision)

Aug 24, 2013 (Started Sep 29, 2012)

Moderate (for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome)
    Slight (for anxious mood)
    Slight (for generalized anxiety disorder)
    Major (for Pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (nightmares)
Advice & Tips: it did help relax me and get rid of the little aches and pains .. but miss a dose, and you go crazy .. I just got scared and left it!

Sep 2, 2012 (Started Aug 03, 2012)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (drowsiness, brain fog, swelling in legs, feet and ankles)
Advice & Tips: When I first tried Lyrica at 300mg/day, I experienced severe swelling in my ankles, legs, wrists, hands. This time I am not having any problems with swelling. Perhaps it was too much salt intake, perhaps it was the Lyrica. I don't know for sure. Now being on a 300mg/day for a month, I experience more drowsiness than before. I feel foggy and unable to focus for several hours at a time. I also require more naps than before. One has to weight the benefits with the side effects. For now, I believe that the pain relief I get is worth the side effects. My pain is not 100% gone, not ever. But it is better than before.

Jan 3, 2012 (Started Nov 15, 2011)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (swollen feet)

Showing 4 of 4 patient evaluations for Pregabalin