6 patient evaluations for Pregabalin taken for the purpose of 'myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Slight

33 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jul 21, 2016 (Started Apr 01, 2016)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (anxious mood)
Dosage: 225 mg Twice daily
Advice & Tips: It helps for awhile and then I seem to build a tolerance. I just had a change in dose to double and expect worsening fog and anxiousness.

Jun 24, 2015 (Started Nov 17, 2010)

Moderate (for pain in legs)
    Moderate (for Pain)
    Moderate (for nerve damage)
    Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight gain)

May 11, 2015 (Started Mar 30, 2015)

Slight (for Pain)
    Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (drowsiness)
Dosage: 100 mg Three times daily

Nov 28, 2014 (Started Jul 01, 2009)

Slight (for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome)
  • Side effects
    Severe (vertigo, problems concentrating, fatigue, weight gain, mood swings, brain fog, tiredness, daytime sleepiness, forgetting words, forgetfulness)
Advice & Tips: Gradually just stopped working.
Side effects: problems concentrating, fatigue, weight gain, mood swings, daytime sleepiness, brain fog, tiredness

Jun 8, 2013 (Started Jul 01, 2009)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (vertigo, problems concentrating, fatigue, weight gain, mood swings, brain fog, tiredness, daytime sleepiness, forgetting words, forgetfulness)
Advice & Tips: Now that I'm taking a lower dosage, I really like Lyrica. At higher doses, I was a raging maniac that could barely remember her own name. That IS an exaggeration, but only a slight one. At the lower dosage, I don't get the anger symptoms, and the memory issues are bearable. I still have a hard time remember anything, I have to write everything down on my calendar.

Mar 12, 2013 (Started Jul 01, 2009)

Moderate (for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome)
    Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (vertigo, problems concentrating, fatigue, weight gain, mood swings, brain fog, tiredness, daytime sleepiness, forgetting words, forgetfulness)
Advice & Tips: The lower dosage in combination with Trazodone has been working amazingly well. I haven't had many of the mood issues I had before. I'm feeling a lot more like a normal human being and am working on getting my stamina back.

Sep 1, 2009 (Started Jul 01, 2009)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (vertigo, problems concentrating, fatigue, weight gain, mood swings, brain fog, tiredness, daytime sleepiness)
Advice & Tips: The brain fog and mood swings were more than I could deal with. It worked wonderfully on the Fibro pain, but I could barely remember my name.

Nov 15, 2012 (Started Sep 29, 2012)

Moderate (for restless legs syndrome)
    Can’t tell (for Pain)
  • Side effects

Feb 29, 2012 (Started Nov 01, 2009)

Major (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
    Slight (for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome)
  • Side effects
    Mild (vertigo)
Advice & Tips: Cymbalta (duloxetine) was helpful, but did not usually address all of my nerve pain. I resumed Lyrica and slowly worked up to my current dosage until I achieved analgesia (absence of pain). The only time I notice nerve pain is on bad days when the nerve pain returns. I might speak to my pain management doctor about taking an additional dose on those days because the pain is significant. Not sure if this ia an accepted protocol.

Dec 2, 2010 (Started Nov 01, 2009)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (vertigo)
Advice & Tips: It reduces nerve pain in my legs, but it does not remove it most days. My arms are better, but when my bad days hit, it fails to cover the pain just like my legs. Overall, it appears to work, but it is not totally effective and increasing the dose is not

Showing 6 of 6 patient evaluations for Pregabalin