6 patient evaluations for Clonazepam taken for the purpose of 'panic disorder' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Major

111 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jul 14, 2016 (Started Oct 15, 2011)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: The impact of this daily (1 mg. capsule three times daily) treatment is quite helpful and I have no issues with side effects. However an added benefit is that it works well w/my blood pressure level, as it , prevents it from elevating and assists my blood pressure from rising to an excessive, life threatening level. As well I also meditate and spend time reading or relaxing as an additional benefit for both the panic disorder, ie; anxiety elevation level and blood pressure elevation.

Jul 7, 2016 (Started Oct 15, 2011)

Moderate (for panic disorder)
    Moderate (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Clonazepam is very effective as far as my benefit is concerned and the unexpected benefit is sleepiness which makes for a restful night. The treatment is manageable as it has no adverse side effects and I follow my dosing in accordance with the Physician's instructions. There is no imapact on my daily life as I know how my system will tolerate this Drug.

Jan 4, 2015 (Started Oct 10, 1988)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: practically no panic attacks.

Nov 26, 2013 (Started Oct 10, 1988)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: works well with Topamax. independence afforded in my life.

May 12, 2013 (Started Oct 10, 1988)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I am able to function normally on a day to day basis. I travel w/o anxiety. participate in groups. take walks. ride the subway.etc.

May 1, 2011 (Started Oct 10, 1988)

Advice & Tips: no problem

Nov 19, 2009 (Started Oct 10, 1988)

Slight (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: fewer anxiety attacks.

May 25, 2013 (Started Jul 24, 2003)

Dosage: 0.25 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: if it stops working for you take a 1 month vacation and start it up again. sometimes your body gets used to a drug and more is required.

Dec 1, 2008 (Started Jul 24, 2003)

Major (for Other)
Dosage: 0.5 mg Daily

Apr 18, 2013 (Started Mar 23, 2011)

Major (for panic disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (constipation, no sexual desire)
Advice & Tips: This medication after taking it as prescribed for a while (till it builds up in your system) has really helped me control my panic attacks. I have found while taking this medication that I do not have them very often and when I do have them they are not as severe. I do not believe there is a "miracle" cure for Panic Disorders, but I really think that this one has come really close for me. I don't suffer from them like I used to. It used to be every day, I couldn't even walk out of the house without having on, now I can go into the city and be okay. I do still get them once in a while in a VERY small crowded windowless room, but that is VERY seldom.

Feb 22, 2012 (Started Mar 23, 2011)

Major (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (constipation, no sexual desire)
Advice & Tips: Upon taking this medication last year (2011) I found that I am able to do more things than just to sit around the house. I have not found any other effects that this medication has given other than what it is intended for. I have really enjoyed this medication because it has helped me to get out with my family more often.

Feb 19, 2012 (Started Mar 23, 2011)

Major (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Mild (constipation, no sexual desire)
Advice & Tips: I have found that this medication has given me some what of a life back. I went from not wanting to leave my house to being able to go out with my husband and family. I am really glad that I have found a drug that has been able to help me with my panic attacks!

Jan 18, 2012 (Started Mar 23, 2011)

Major (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Mild (constipation, no sexual desire)
Advice & Tips: It's a very good medication for someone who has extreme panic attacks and panic disorders. I have personal felt like it has improved my life a lot. I am able to get out and about and do things with my husband when before taking the medication I wouldn't leave the house. It has really helped improve my disorder. I still have my disorder and still attacks, but they are not as severe and they are not as often.

Sep 14, 2011 (Started Mar 01, 2009)

Major (for Other)
Dosage: 0.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: originally taken to help sleep, and overcome anxiety it is remarkably effective. I thought it might be contributing to my increasing lack of balance and coordination presume due to peripheral neuropathy so tried to withdraw several times but have been unable to.

Mar 1, 2009 (Started Mar 01, 2009)

Moderate (for Other)
Dosage: 0.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: This is very srongly dependent on havingany alcohol at all in my system. If I have two drinks at 7 pm I cannot take the Kl at bedtime without experiencing this efffect. Problem is dose dependent. I have reduced dose from 2 mg. at bedtime -- originally prescribed for sleep to 1 mg. in the morning and have had not further problems. this is after about ten years of insufficient sleep due to this effect. 1 mg takenas soon as I get up serves to keep me mostly free of anx symptoms during the day. Originally I had teriblenightmares that were reliefved by Kl butthesehave not reocurred.

May 17, 2011 (Started Jul 25, 2010)

None (for Addictive)
Dosage: 2.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: Withdrawal from this drug is 100% worse than the original symptoms. I had to go back on it, then finally my doctor switched to alprazolam and maybe it will be easier to get off of in the future.

Showing 6 of 6 patient evaluations for Clonazepam