18 patient evaluations for Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine taken for the purpose of 'attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Major

158 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Nov 19, 2017 (Started Jan 01, 2002)

Major (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (sleeplessness)

Apr 22, 2016 (Started Feb 01, 2007)

Major (for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome)
    Major (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (decreased appetite)
Advice & Tips: None

Nov 29, 2015 (Started Jan 01, 2010)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I take 100mg every morning. Besides calming me down, ordering my mind like file folders, giving me a longer attention span and ability to stay focused; it also gives me a mood lift and a bit of extra energy in the a.m. The name is Vyvanse

Apr 11, 2015 (Started Jan 01, 2010)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I take 100mg every morning. Besides calming me down, ordering my mind like file folders, giving me a longer attention span and ability to stay focused; it also gives me a mood lift and a bit of extra energy in the a.m. I have afternoon food cravings and will overeat if not careful. I have terrible days if I run out of Vyvanse. I have taken this dose for a few years. It's efficacy has not declined. But, sometimes when I am up for a couple days from hypomanic cycling I will take an extra 30mg. Then running out early is a bitch.

Nov 12, 2014 (Started Apr 16, 2010)

Major (for problems concentrating)
    Major (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (irritability, reduced pleasure in orgasm)

Sep 3, 2011 (Started Apr 16, 2010)

Moderate (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (irritability, reduced pleasure in orgasm)

Oct 23, 2010 (Started Apr 16, 2010)

Moderate (for problems concentrating)
  • Side effects
    Mild (irritability, reduced pleasure in orgasm)
Advice & Tips: I occasionally (once every couple of weeks) take a 10mg at night if my regular dose has worn off or on a weekend day if I haven't taken my regular dose and it's late in the day. It seems much faster-acting than Adderall XR.

Jun 7, 2012 (Started Jan 02, 2001)

Major (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (restless feeling in legs, outburst of anger)

Apr 15, 2012 (Started Jun 01, 2009)

Major (for sleepiness)
    Major (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
    Moderate (for depressed mood)
    Moderate (for fatigue)
    Moderate (for problems concentrating)
  • Side effects
    Mild (dry mouth, loss of appetite, mood swings)

Apr 15, 2010 (Started Jun 01, 2009)

Moderate (for depressed mood)
    Major (for fatigue)
    Major (for problems concentrating)
  • Side effects

Jan 15, 2012 (Started Sep 15, 1997)

Major (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (breathing difficulty, irritability)
Advice & Tips: Lately, it is doing something to my respiratory system; my ears have felt plugged up the last couple of years. In the late 1990's, I was treated for Asthma because I was having some difficulty breathing.

Sep 2, 2011 (Started Apr 02, 2010)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I strongly recommend people to take adderall. It changed my life in so many levels. I started taking it because, after my son was born in 2007, my ADHD was a major problem for my wife, since I always would forget everything (including taking the trash out with tons of smelly diapers), and would always be tired so it was hard to help her in the ways she needed. The medicine made me be a better parent and a better husband. Now I remember things on the spot, I can PLAY with my soon without getting TOO annoyed... I also notice my NEED to watch TV decreased exponentially. I used to live hooked on the TV all the time, and nowdays, even at night after the medicine wears out, I don't have this NEED for television as I used to have all my life. Although, nothing can be a 100% perfect... LOL... As the medicine started to make my family life much better, my work life started to go down. I wasn't the same at work, as productive as before!!! It took me a while to figure out, but I finally got WHY and worked around it, but that change almost cost me my JOB!! When I started the medicine, I was working in a game company, doing a mix of artistic and computer programming tasks. After some many years dealing with ADHD, I developed a method to work that made me be very suscessfull in my field. ADHD HELPED me to multi-task better, so I could work on 2 or 3 things at the same time. Essentially because I would get bored of doing the same thing for so long, so I would switch to something else, and then when I was bored, I would go back to the first one. It was exciting... allways doing interesting things... and, off course, with the TV on all the time, listening to the "white noise" of the tv to keep me "happy". When I started take the medicine, I couldn't "multi-task" anymore, and my focus was SO DEEP, that I endup taking TOO LONG to finish tasks. Even worse, I ended up running in "dead-ends" that I would dig and dig to find answers, opposite to before when I would switch to something else, and when I go back to that again, I would "patch" something together and move on to new interesting things, essentially, being more productive! Also, my stress level increased, since I started to CARE much more about things... It was a new thing to me... to CARE so much... it became a HUGE responsibility which I never learned how to deal in my whole life, since I never care so much for things, facts, etc. The excess of focus (excess to me, because to others it still shows just a bit distracted LOL) is tiresome, some times... I also experience an increase in libido, in sexual desire, when in adderall. I'm 38 years old, I'm from Brazil but I live in Vancouver, CA, I work with computer in the Film and game industry, and I never knew that I had this condition until a couple of years ago. Finding it out, and taking the medicine changed my life in many levels... but most important is that it helped me become the father and husband (well, husband I'm still working on) that I always wanted to be! The rest is just a matter of learning how to deal with again! I can't say the medicine is the solution, but it helps A LOT!

Apr 20, 2011 (Started Sep 03, 2001)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I tend to get a little bit anxious, and feel like I always need to be doing something. Increased my blood pressure somewhat. For relative effectiveness/ tolerability this was the best medication I have taken.

Apr 15, 2011 (Started Feb 04, 2011)

Major (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (jaw clenching, decreased appetite)

Showing 10 of 18 patient evaluations for Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine