4 patient evaluations for Acetazolamide with a cost of Not specified

17 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Mar 12, 2015 (Started Jul 01, 2011)

Moderate (for headaches)
    Moderate (for dizziness)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: This medication helps my CADASIL symptoms of headache, dizziness, nausea, and lightheadedness.

Mar 11, 2013 (Started Jun 06, 2012)

Can't tell (for idiopathic intracranial hypertension)
  • Side effects
    Severe (excessive dry mouth)

Jan 23, 2012 (Started May 01, 2011)

Major (for idiopathic intracranial hypertension)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (nausea, fatigue, numbness and tingling with pins and needles, exhaustion, sore throat, ataxia (lack of coordination))
Advice & Tips: This makes you very tired, and you become very aware of shifts within your brain pressure. It is, however, the only thing that kept me from further cognitive loss and blindness (which I was on the edge of). I really do recommend it, even though it kind of sucks. We found out that my synthroid was the cause of my IIH; we don't know how, but my body somehow processes synthroid differently. I was taken off of synthroid (put onto cytomel) and spent a month being stepped off of diamox -- after the first half-life, the step-down rate became very quick (we waited until my medicine gave me two consecutive low-pressure headaches at the current dose). I still have over-sensitized eyes, non-perfect visual fields, and a lot of audio/visual identification trouble (what is that object, what does that word match up to) and strategizing/problem-solving/working memory isssues, but hopefully those will clear up in the next year or two.

Oct 25, 2011 (Started May 01, 2011)

Major (for idiopathic intracranial hypertension)
  • Side effects
    Severe (nausea, fatigue, numbness and tingling with pins and needles, exhaustion, sore throat, ataxia (lack of coordination))
Dosage: 2000 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: Make sure to understand whether you are having low-pressure or high pressure headaches (how they change in relation to whether or not you're lying down helps); I usually suffer high-pressure headaches but on a higher dose I realized when I took doses too close together (10 hours about instead of 12) I was actually getting some low-pressure headaches.

Jul 6, 2008 (Started Jun 25, 2008)

None (for Other)
    None (for Vision)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (numbness in hands, bowel problems)
Advice & Tips: Make sure to drink lots of fluids
Side effects: numbness in hands, bowel problems, bowel problems

Showing 4 of 4 patient evaluations for Acetazolamide