3 patient evaluations for Dialectical Behavioral Therapy with a cost of < $25

49 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Apr 30, 2018 (Started Oct 15, 2016)

Moderate (for borderline personality disorder)
    Slight (for self medicating)
  • Side effects
    None (for Overall)
Dosage: 120 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: I've been in DBT for 1 1/2 years now. I'm almost finished. I just can't remember my skills when I need them. I highly recommend the class for anyone with BPD. It teaches you how to bring your emotions down to a fairly manageable level and helps you to get a life worth living.

Jan 12, 2017 (Started Oct 15, 2016)

Moderate (for borderline personality disorder)
  • Side effects
    None (for Overall)
Dosage: 120 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: If you want to make your life worth living and are serious about changing your life, this is the place to do it. The staff are very caring individuals.

Feb 6, 2017 (Started Sep 15, 2013)

Moderate (for borderline personality disorder)
  • Side effects
    None (for Overall)
Advice & Tips: This treatment requires a lot of work from the service user/patient but is effective.

Feb 18, 2011 (Started Apr 23, 2009)

Major (for borderline personality disorder)
  • Side effects
    None (for Overall)
Advice & Tips: DBT helped me learn skills to help me regulate my emotions. As a consequence I have stopped all self-harming behaviors. This is a huge accomplishment for me because I had been injuring myself for a long time. The most important thing was making the commitment to show up every week for the group therapy sessions and making the weekly appointments with your individual therapist. You have to make a conscious commitment to learn the skills and actually apply them in your life. It works if you work it!

Nov 7, 2009 (Started Apr 23, 2009)

Major (for borderline personality disorder)
  • Side effects
    None (for Overall)
Dosage: 2.5 hr Weekly
Advice & Tips: This treatment was prescribed by my doctor to help treat borderline personality disorder so that I might stop my self-injurious behavior that often accompanies this disorder. This group requires a year-long commitment and meets weekly for two and a half hours. During the week we are responsible for keeping up a diary card which is gone over in individual therapy meetings. So far my incidents of self-injury are way down as well as my suicidal urges. It has been an excellent treatment.

Showing 3 of 3 patient evaluations for Dialectical Behavioral Therapy