5 patient evaluations for Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine with a cost of $25-49

89 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Dec 13, 2013 (Started Sep 12, 2007)

Moderate (for cognitive impairment)
    Moderate (for attention)
  • Side effects
    Mild (thirst, mood elevated or improved, heart rate increased, elevated blood pressure, insomnia)
Side effects: thirst, heart rate increased, mood elevated or improved, insomnia, elevated blood pressure

Aug 20, 2009 (Started Sep 12, 2007)

Moderate (for attention)
    Moderate (for cognitive impairment)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (thirst, mood elevated or improved, heart rate increased, elevated blood pressure, insomnia)

Jul 23, 2009 (Started Sep 12, 2007)

Moderate (for attention)
    Slight (for cognitive impairment)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Although I know that "happier mood" can be seen as being a "side effect" and can be problematic, for me this med has been a huge help! It has been a wonderful augmentation for the antidepressant medication, and has greatly improved my mood.

Apr 20, 2011 (Started Sep 03, 2001)

Major (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I tend to get a little bit anxious, and feel like I always need to be doing something. Increased my blood pressure somewhat. For relative effectiveness/ tolerability this was the best medication I have taken.

Oct 4, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2006)

Major (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: My husband thinks that this medication might contribute to my having ALS, so I take much less than I used to. I don't think it causes ALS, but I have found that I do as well with the lower dosage (20 mg once a day, rather than 40 mg twice a day). I get much more accomplished when I take Adderall, and feel better about myself.

May 14, 2010 (Started Mar 15, 2010)

Slight (for fatigue)
  • Side effects

Feb 2, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2004)

Moderate (for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (spaced out, irritability, headaches, decreased appetite)
Advice & Tips: Force yourself to drink water throughout the day and be sure you're eating enough calories. Provided you're taking care of yourself, the side effects become less severe over time. Adderall alters your mood: It's normal to be irritable and/or inattentive while on this medication. Work with your friends, family, and/or partner to minimize the negative effects of the changes in your mood. Individual counseling and/or couple's therapy can be very helpful in addressing this.
Side effects: spaced out, irritability, decreased appetite, headaches

Showing 5 of 5 patient evaluations for Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine