3 patient evaluations for Gardening with a cost of < $25

7 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Sep 13, 2011 (Started Dec 05, 1977)

Major (for Promote relaxation)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (pain in lower back)
Advice & Tips: Moderation. Temporary limitation due to double mastectomy on 13 Sep 2011

Dec 5, 2010 (Started Dec 05, 1977)

Major (for Promote relaxation)
  • Side effects
    Mild (pain in lower back)
Dosage: 1 hr Daily

Nov 8, 2009 (Started Apr 16, 2008)

Major (for pain relief, muscle building, flexibility,satisfying)
    Major (for Physical exercise)
    Major (for Personal enjoyment / entertainment)
  • Side effects
    Mild (possible back aches, overactivity, muscle soreness, shortness of breath (dyspnea), pain)
Dosage: 2 hr Daily
Advice & Tips: 1. This treatment is good only during the spring,summer & fall months. 2. Benefits: Healthy physical exercise, creative, growing new life, moral booster, mentally challenging. 3. It' great for the mental & emotional well-being.
Side effects: muscle soreness, possible back aches, shortness of breath (dyspnea), sharp low back pain, overactivity, pain

Aug 21, 2008 (Started Aug 14, 1982)

Moderate (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (overactivity, shortness of breath (dyspnea))
Dosage: 60 min Every Other Week
Advice & Tips: Gardening was a real solace and hobby of mine for a long time that I shared with my husband. We grew vegetables, legumes, fruit, potatoes, even peanuts once so our boys could see how they grew. As my depression worsened though and my back and hips became more and more compromised from arthritis and other complications gardening became more and more difficult for me. I missed it terribly and my husband missed me sharing in the care of it. I think gardening is a wonderful thing even if all you can do is a little pruning or keep some potted plants by the front and back door to tend.
Side effects: overactivity, shortness of breath (dyspnea)

Showing 3 of 3 patient evaluations for Gardening