4 patient evaluations for Milnacipran with a cost of $100-199

36 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Apr 15, 2013 (Started May 14, 2010)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (nausea, diarrhea)
Side effects: nausea

Sep 19, 2011 (Started May 14, 2010)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (nausea, diarrhea)
Advice & Tips: Savella has been a life savor for me. If it wasn't for it I would not be up and moving around like I am now. I can always tell when it's time to take the next dose because I start hurting, but other than that this medication has really improved my fibro more than any others I have taken. Of course it's not 100% full proof, so it doesn't take away all the pain so I have to take a couple other meds to go along with it to help.
Side effects: nausea

Jul 18, 2010 (Started May 14, 2010)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (nausea, diarrhea)
Advice & Tips: My mom does my meds up every sunday morning for the week ahead of me. I have found since I started taking Savella that it has really done me a lot of good. About the worst thing I have found about Savella is the price. The price is very exspensive. But it's worth every penny in my opion. It has helped me go from not moving at all, to starting to feel like myself again.
Side effects: nausea

May 9, 2011 (Started Apr 23, 2011)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (irritability)
Side effects: irritability

Feb 1, 2010 (Started Oct 05, 2009)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (fatigue)
Dosage: 12.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: It was amazing stuff. I am now taking a light anti-depressant but it is not as effective as the Savella. My Husband's company went for the cheap and changed insurance to a very slight care provider so now that wasn't covered although the doctors wrote to them they completely turned it all down. The new stuff is better than nothing but not much. Savella was a miracle if you can get it covered you owe yourself a trial. I am in so much better shape all except the back went out already and I was down with pain for a few days. With Savella I have a more positive outlook, better sleep, rested sleep. Now my sleep patterns are starting to turn and I am not doing as well. But I am trying to make it work. Savella again was a miracle for me. :) It was 33.00 for month with insurance.
Side effects: fatigue

Dec 29, 2009 (Started Oct 05, 2009)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (fatigue)
Advice & Tips: Someone on here said they took Savella and had stomach problems after taking. They suggested to eat half of your food for say breakfast take your pill then eat the rest. I do that still but sometimes I am unable and seem to tolerate it quite well. I am a different person. I thought I was going to have to go on disability but I feel so much more positive. I really felt so tired and lacking any energy. I was working 6 hours per day. Starting the 4th of Jan 2010 I will go back to 40 hours. They agreed I could come in at 9 am and stay until 5 pm which is really 7.5 hours. After a week I hope I will still feel better. But it may be difficult for me to work that long. Only time will tell. But I have to say Savella is a miracle. I really thought here we go turn 60 and put me out to pasture. I so hope this keeps on working. I wish everyone would try it and see if it works. I still have pain, the doctor prescribed Naproxyn which is helping. I can handle the pain to a degree just not the fatigue. I feel like Eyore when I get fatigued. I hope this helps even one person.
Side effects: fatigue

Jun 11, 2009 (Started May 14, 2009)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)