10 patient evaluations for Levetiracetam with a cost of $25-49

51 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

May 3, 2020 (Started Oct 14, 2016)

Major (for seizures)
    Can't tell (for epilepsy)
Dosage: 1125 mg Twice daily
Advice & Tips: It is very helpful at preventing any more seizures for me.

Sep 21, 2017 (Started Nov 30, 2016)

Moderate (for seizures (grand mal or tonic-clonic))
    Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (headaches)
Dosage: 500 mg Twice daily

Jan 6, 2017 (Started Nov 30, 2016)

Moderate (for seizures (grand mal or tonic-clonic))
  • Side effects
    Mild (headaches)
Dosage: 500 mg Twice daily

Jul 1, 2013 (Started Feb 08, 2012)

• Side effects

Jun 1, 2013 (Started Oct 21, 2011)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (makes me emotional or short fused, clumsiness, irritability, short temper, decreased appetite, drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: Ive been on Keppra since the end of 2011. Its been an interesting experience. I was on it with Trileptal originally, and now Im on it with Zonegran. I noticed that once they increased my Keppra dosage that my irritability increased. And thats when I started to experience the famous "Keppra rage." Once I noticed that, I told my neuro to decrease my dosage, and my irritability decreased with it. My advice to anyone is that if you dont like dealing with irritability issues than by all means, please discuss decreasing your dosage with your doctor.... they'll be more than willing to help you out with your dosage so you wont become a raging lunatic like I was during that time. Trust me on this! Haha. Another thing is that Keppra has helped me out with my seizures better than any other medication has so far and I am so happy with it so far. Im also on generic Keppra! So if name brand Keppra doesnt work for you, feel free to try generic Keppra like me, and it might just work for you too!

Feb 1, 2013 (Started Oct 21, 2011)

• Side effects

Dec 14, 2011 (Started Oct 21, 2011)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: Ive been on Keppra with Trileptal for about two months now, and most of the side effects have subsided. I've been feeling pretty good so far and havent had a major complex or major simple partial seizure since October and I'd like to keep it that way. Also, I still havent had the "Keppra rage" yet. To anyone thats considering Keppra, don't be afraid, just give it a try and make sure you keep an eye on any mood changes is all (and ask your family and friends too!)

Nov 15, 2011 (Started Oct 21, 2011)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (makes me emotional or short fused, clumsiness, irritability, short temper, decreased appetite, drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: Ive been on Keppra for about a month now, and in the beginning I was extremely worried about the infamous "Keppra rage". I do notice that it has been making my fuse a bit shorter, but i'm not acting out on aggression without a reason. I have also been having a fluctuating appetite while on Keppra and some weight loss (but very slow weight loss). On the other hand, I have been having less frequent auras and have not had a major complex or simple partial since Ive been taking it! (crosses fingers)

Oct 26, 2011 (Started Oct 21, 2011)

Can't tell (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Ive been taking Keppra for only a week and it gets me really drowsy for a few hours. I suggest to anyone taking this: please be careful when youre first on this medication. Dont over exert yourself because you might get dizzy.

Apr 15, 2012 (Started Apr 04, 2012)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence))
Advice & Tips: none

Nov 11, 2011 (Started May 01, 2008)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (loss of feeling in feet)
Advice & Tips: Since the Keepra does make you drowsy I try and get a good nights sleep.I also take vitamins such as vitamin B Plus,C,and a Multi Vitamin.I have research and have tried to eliminate caffeine.sugar,pop,etc.Since four out of the five grand mal seizures I had were at night while asleep My Doctor prescribed that I take 2 500 mg at 7:00 AM and 1 500 mg at 7:00 PM.For awhile my loving wife had to remind me to take the medicine as I sort of blocked it out that I even had them at all.But the med is working and my Doctor has agreed that I could attempt to wean off the medicine in the spring of 2012 if I wanted to knowing I couldn't drive a car for quite some time if I do.

Jul 10, 2011 (Started Mar 01, 2011)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (depressed mood)
Advice & Tips: Keppra XR is working much better for me than regular Keppra.
Side effects: depressed mood

Nov 19, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2008)

Major (for seizures (grand mal or tonic-clonic))
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I have been taking Keppra for a long time now and I can't say I notice any bad effects at all. I still feel like a lot of the fatigue I have during the day are due to the medecine, but I feel this applies more to the tegretol than the Keppra. Since adding this to my regimen I have had a lot more control of the seizures and mostly been seizure free. I have been keeping 2 extra doses with me every day and extra reminders for myself for everyday doses.

Oct 17, 2010 (Started Sep 30, 2010)

Moderate (for seizures generalized tonic clonic)
    Slight (for seizures (absence or petit mal))
    Slight (for myoclonic seizures)
Dosage: 2000 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: Keppra XR soooooo far has been a gr8 Medicine for me.. It is just getting the timing, whens and hows to take it for my body.. 2, 500mlg 7am 1, 500mlg 2-3pm 1, 500mlg 7pm Doing this schedule for my body is a gr8 thing.. @ times I would be more prone to seizure activity, early mornings and afternoon evenings.. Seems to be settling in a bit.. Atleast for this week.. LOL
Side effects: lips tingling, numbness in hands and arms in am, medication does not last long in my body, numbness to roof of mouth

Oct 15, 2010 (Started Sep 30, 2010)

Moderate (for seizures generalized tonic clonic)
    Slight (for seizures (absence or petit mal))
    Slight (for myoclonic seizures)
  • Side effects
    Mild (lips tingling, numbness in hands and arms in am, numbness to roof of mouth, medication does not last long in my body)

Oct 13, 2010 (Started Sep 30, 2010)

Slight (for seizures generalized tonic clonic)
  • Side effects

Oct 10, 2010 (Started Sep 30, 2010)

Slight (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (lips tingling, numbness in hands and arms in am, medication does not last long in my body)
Advice & Tips: More numbing tingling forearms, lower lip, roof of mouth, slight dizziness.. Less peaks and valleys of emotions. :@) perception is off.. Flashing lights with movement

Mar 17, 2010 (Started Mar 03, 2006)

Showing 10 of 10 patient evaluations for Levetiracetam