9 patient evaluations for Fentanyl patch with a cost of Not specified

87 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Sep 26, 2016 (Started Jun 27, 2012)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Major (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: 50 mcg M,W,F

Sep 19, 2016 (Started Jul 01, 2010)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Moderate (for optic neuritis)
  • Side effects
    Severe (constipation)
Dosage: 50 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: Constipation is SEVERE!! Make sure precautions are taken when using this drug.

May 29, 2016 (Started Jan 15, 2002)

Slight (for cervical spondylosis)
    Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
    Slight (for muscle spasms in neck)
Dosage: 100 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: Continues to relieve a considerable amount of my pain and allows me to function more than I could without the patch.  Doesn't relieve all my pain, but it sure reduces the level.

Nov 28, 2015 (Started Jan 15, 2002)

Major (for cervical spondylosis)
    Major (for fibromyalgia)
    Moderate (for muscle spasms in neck)
Dosage: 100 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: A correction to the above - at my doc's suggestion, we backed off the amount of fentanyl.  Downgraded to 75 mcg/hr with noticeable increase in pain levels.  At 50 mcg/hr, I couldn't function at all.  Pain levels too high and left me in bed or chair and with tears.  Back to 100 mcg/hr.  It doesn't relieve all my pain by any means, but it allows me to function.

Mar 1, 2011 (Started Jan 15, 2002)

Major (for Nerve pain/muscle spasm from degenerated cervical vertebrae)
    Major (for pain)
    Major (for fibromyalgia)
Dosage: 100 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: As an opiod, it is critical to keep a note where easily seen to ensure changing to new patch on time. In a few hours after missing change time, unpleasant withdrawal symptoms start. It much easier to use than the oral meds and prevents the up and down pain levels that oral meds create. Like all opiods, it is constipating, but (at my docs suggestion) I take a stool softener ever morning. That seems to relieve 90% of the problem. Because of degeneration in my cervical vertebrae and the days I overdo, I supplement the patch with oral opiods as needed. All in all, without the patch, I don't think I could function at all.

Mar 4, 2014 (Started Jul 01, 2011)

Moderate (for chronic pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (chronic constipation)
Dosage: 200 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: I've noticed with the fentanyl patch that I become accustomed to the dose rather quickly. I don't know whether it's my overall tolerance to narcotic pain relievers or what, but every time my doctor increases my patch dosage, the relief seems very short-lived; I'm talking within a couple weeks, it seems like it's no longer helping as it should.

Feb 24, 2011 (Started Feb 16, 2011)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I don't think this is a treatment for people who are "Pleasently plump"! I feel it was not an enough dose and had to be upd but my doctor instead took me off of the patch and back on the Morphine. I have to wait a month til my dose of Morphine can be raised. Im sorry for the disappointment and I am sooo scared that I will not find anything that works.

Feb 17, 2011 (Started Feb 16, 2011)

Can't tell (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I started the patch 2/16/11 and take it every 72 hours but I have yet to feel any relief from it and suspect I have to go up a few doses.

Oct 4, 2010 (Started Dec 15, 2009)

Slight (for pain)
Dosage: 50 mcg Daily

Feb 10, 2009 (Started Jan 07, 1999)

Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (emotional withdrawal, withdrawal effects)
Dosage: 50 mcg Weekly
Advice & Tips: please, this drug is unpredictable, very easy to overdose, sun simply hitting the patch will zap too much fentynal into the system, causing breathing to stop. my own experience. 8 months it took to come down from 200. YEAH
Side effects: emotional withdrawal, withdrawal effects

Jan 11, 2009 (Started )

Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (constipation, adhesive reaction)
Advice & Tips: This patch has really taken the edge off of my pain, although it hasnt completely taken it away. Make sure you stay on top of changing your patch as advised. And remember that each time you move up a dose you feel high, but just remember that your body will get used to it and you will go back to being you. I function just fine everyday.
Side effects: adhesive reaction, constipation

Nov 30, 2008 (Started May 15, 2000)

Moderate (for chronic pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (dry eyes, dry mouth, loss of energy)
Dosage: 100 mcg Daily
Side effects: dry eyes, loss of energy, dry mouth

Showing 9 of 9 patient evaluations for Fentanyl patch