17 patient evaluations for Bupropion with a cost of $25-49

135 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Apr 15, 2017 (Started Jan 15, 2014)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I was told I would probably lose weight on this, but I didn't.

Sep 15, 2014 (Started Jan 15, 2014)

• Side effects

Nov 13, 2015 (Started Sep 18, 2009)

Moderate (for persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia))
    Moderate (for major depressive disorder)
    None (for fatigue)
    Moderate (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight gain)
Dosage: 300 mg/24 hours Daily

Oct 4, 2014 (Started Sep 18, 2009)

Moderate (for fatigue)
    Moderate (for depressed mood)
    Moderate (for persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia))
    Moderate (for major depressive disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight gain)

Aug 16, 2014 (Started Jul 01, 2010)

Major (for persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia))
Dosage: 300 mg/24 hours Daily

May 3, 2013 (Started Jul 01, 2010)

Major (for persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia))
Dosage: 300 mg/24 hours Daily
Advice & Tips: I take all my meds in the morning. If I don't take them after about a day later I notice negative changes.

Jan 22, 2012 (Started Jul 01, 2010)

Dosage: 300 mg/24 hours Daily

Jul 19, 2014 (Started Jan 18, 2014)

Major (for depressed mood)
    Moderate (for generalized anxiety disorder)
    Major (for attention deficit disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (increased energy, decreased appetite)

Mar 28, 2014 (Started Jan 18, 2014)

Major (for depressed mood)
    Moderate (for generalized anxiety disorder)
    Major (for attention deficit disorder)
Dosage: 300 mg/24 hours Daily

Feb 7, 2014 (Started Jan 18, 2014)

Major (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
    Mild (increased energy, decreased appetite)
Dosage: 300 mg/24 hours Daily
Advice & Tips: More energy throughout the day, and better focus and motivation at work.

Dec 15, 2013 (Started Oct 15, 2013)

Slight (for persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia))
  • Side effects
    Moderate (tremor in hands)
Advice & Tips: Although the side effect burden for me was unpleasant, I would strongly encourage keeping an open mind about bupropion. For many people, its side effect profile is much less difficult than some other antidepressants. It is available as a generic (which is a cost savings), and works well for many.

Oct 25, 2013 (Started Oct 15, 2013)

Can’t tell (for persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia))
  • Side effects

Aug 14, 2011 (Started Aug 01, 2009)

Major (for Treat my mood condition(s))
Dosage: 2 x 150 mg/24 hours Daily
Advice & Tips: The Wellbutrin helped almost immediately. I am best in the monings and evenings still but there is lots of energy, but I feel a bit like a robot

Feb 17, 2011 (Started May 26, 2010)

Major (for depressed mood)
    Major (for problems concentrating)
    Major (for loss of energy)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I switched from taking this Buprionon SR 2x 100mg. tablets in the AM and in the afternoon to taking Buprionon 450XL just in the AM. I had been getting depressed for over a month and without knowing I had started missing my afternoon doses more and more. (At least 50% of the time.) This change in my dosage aggravated my depression to the point that I was sleeping almost all day and night for about three weeks with terrible nightmares and horrible feelings of self-hatred. I finally realized I had to ask for help and asked four family members and a friend to please call me every morning (one morning each) and wake me up and talk to me for at least 15 minutes to help me wake up. Then I called my p-doc. He put me on the extended release form so I wouldn't have to remember to take the afternoon one. It's so strange, though, as I was fine before I took a dip in my mood. I feel fine now less than a week later. It's a really good lesson to learn that you can't get too comfortable when you are doing pretty well compared to say five years ago. You have to stay on top of things and make regular appointments. I was supposed to make an appointment with the psych nurse after the new year to see my p-doc but I put it off thinking, "Oh. I'm fine." Well, it's lucky I have such a great doc because he not only called me personally and prescribed the new dosage and called it in right then, he made room on his very full calendar to see me next week. The nurse had said the very earliest I could see him was the end of March. I understood her dilemma but I just broke down because I felt so helpless. Also my meds have pretty much all doubled in price as of last fall. We have insurance but we can't afford a really high premium but at least we have insurance.

Jun 22, 2010 (Started May 26, 2010)

Major (for depressed mood)
    Major (for problems concentrating)
    Major (for loss of energy)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I think I did try this drug years ago briefly (it's not in my records but both my husband and I remember it) and I couldn't take it because it gave me terrible headaches. I suffered from migraines since I was a pre-teen but two years ago they added Depakene on top of the Klonopin I have been taking for sleep/nightmares and migraines and it has made a big difference. So when my recently new p-doc suggested Wellbutrin at first I was skeptical. Then we talked it over and decided it was well worth another try as my drug regimen is so different from 13 years ago. The Very First Day I took 100mg. of Wellbutrin I felt in within two hours. I felt a rush as if I had drunk some coffee (which I don't drink). I had a mild headache and dizzyness for a day or two and since then I've had NO Side Effects at all... just wonderful amazing energy that I have been missing for so many years. Also for about three days I felt kinda funny. I could feel a difference in my body and I didn't feel like "me" but I didn't hurt anywhere or feel nauseous, etc. I called a friend who's been on it quite a while and she said she had the same feeling the first week on it. It's like you have to get used to having more energy. I really is weird at first. I was so used to staying at home a lot, not getting much done and not being able to read much. I relied heavily on TV and movies for my entertainment/distraction. Now I can read, walk, do more errands and do more around the house without feeling exhausted within minutes. I slowly titrated up to 400 mg. as that seems to be the right dosage for me to be functional all day and still be able to get to sleep at 11pm - 12am (I am normally a night owl but now that I do so much more I am really ready for bed at a reasonable hour now and my daily waking and going to bed is now on a routine I can count on. The only slight burden I indicated is that I have to carry a tiny bottle of water in my purse and a few Wellbutrin in a pill box in case I am out when I have to take my 3pm dose. I have taken it as late as 4pm and it still hasn't interfered with my sleep but I wouldn't want to take it any later just in case. I use my cell phone's alarm to remind me to take it at 3pm so I never ever forget. It's very handy and helpful.

May 30, 2010 (Started Nov 14, 2006)

Major (for depression with anxiety)
Dosage: 300 mg/24 hours Daily

Mar 20, 2010 (Started Dec 01, 2009)

Can’t tell (for depressed mood)
    Slight (for decreased sex drive (libido))
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Better than nothing.

Mar 20, 2010 (Started Apr 01, 2009)

Showing 10 of 17 patient evaluations for Bupropion