3 patient evaluations for Morphine ER with a burden rating of A little hard to take

9 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Oct 14, 2015 (Started Feb 15, 2011)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
    None (for kidney stone)
    Moderate (for chronic pain)
    Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (problems concentrating, constipation)
Dosage: 15 mg Twice daily

Nov 20, 2014 (Started Feb 15, 2011)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (problems concentrating, constipation)
Dosage: 15 mg Twice daily
Advice & Tips: Take it on time and at the same time every day!

Sep 19, 2013 (Started Feb 01, 2007)

Major (for pain)
    Major (for degenerative disc disease)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (constipation)
Advice & Tips: Stick to a regular schedule. Use MSIR to manage breakthrough pain.
Side effects: constipation

Jun 17, 2010 (Started Sep 10, 2009)

Moderate (for chronic pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (nausea, constipation)
Advice & Tips: I have lived w/ severe chronic pain (due to a severe collagen disorder similar to Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) for over 7 years. This is the 2nd time in those years that I've been on time-released morphine. I was put on methadone in between. For me, morphine works far better than the methadone ever did. That said, it doesn't work THAT well & I have a lot of breakthrough pain. If I had something to take for breakthrough, I'm sure I'd rate that it works better. The only burden I have is getting to my dr's office every 28 days for my refill (they only give me a 28 day supply, not 30...) as I don't have a car & getting a ride is tedious... I don't tell anyone at all that I take what I do for pain, or even that I take anything for pain, as the last thing I need is them either hitting me up for a pill or just trying to steal them - both things I've had happen in the past, in fact had to end a friendship because of it (they wouldn't quit asking for pills even though I said no). Make sure you eat lots of whole-grain & gets a lot of fiber. Drink a lot of water. These will help with the constipation opioids cause...
Side effects: constipation, nausea, nausea

Nov 8, 2009 (Started Sep 10, 2009)

Major (for chronic pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Just don't stop taking without dr's advice and tapering down, you can get very sick and can increase any psych issues you may have during withdrawal.
Side effects: constipation, nausea, nausea