3 patient evaluations for Adalimumab with a burden rating of Somewhat hard to take

64 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Feb 28, 2013 (Started Jun 15, 2009)

Major (for ankylosing spondylitis)
Dosage: 40 mg/0.8 mL Every Other Week
Advice & Tips: Adalimumab was amazing for my Ankylosing SPondylitis - life changing. Unfortunately after 3 years my body produced anti-bodies which resisted the drug. I tried re-starting after 3 months, still didn't work.

May 15, 2012 (Started Jun 15, 2009)

Major (for ankylosing spondylitis)
Dosage: 40 mg/0.8 mL Every Other Week
Advice & Tips: Taking Adalimumab eradicated almost all symptoms of AS for about 3 years. It took me from a really low point, in a lot of pain and depression, to feeling great, getting on with work and even running a couple of half-marathons to raisemoney for Arthritis Research UK. 3 great years, after which the efficacy started to wear off because my immune system started resisting it. This varies between people - for some it doesn't work at all, for others it works for decades.

Apr 13, 2012 (Started Apr 01, 2012)

Major (for rheumatoid arthritis)
  • Side effects
    Severe (fatigue)
Dosage: 40 mg/0.8 mL Every Other Week
Advice & Tips: I am waiting to start Enbrel back up; insurance companies are unfair about these medications! I had to stop taking it in the first place because it had given me a lung infection. It was helping me out a lot. It took a lot of the stiffness and redness away from my joints. They weren't bothered by the arthritis pain. Since I've been off of it, I'm starting to get stiffness, and now redness back.

Mar 1, 2011 (Started Apr 01, 2008)

Moderate (for Crohn's disease)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (tremor in legs)
Dosage: 40 mg/0.8 mL Every Other Week
Side effects: tremor in legs

Showing 3 of 3 patient evaluations for Adalimumab