2 patient evaluations for Dialectical Behavioral Therapy with a burden rating of Not at all hard to take

32 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Feb 18, 2011 (Started Apr 23, 2009)

Major (for borderline personality disorder)
  • Side effects
    None (for Overall)
Advice & Tips: DBT helped me learn skills to help me regulate my emotions. As a consequence I have stopped all self-harming behaviors. This is a huge accomplishment for me because I had been injuring myself for a long time. The most important thing was making the commitment to show up every week for the group therapy sessions and making the weekly appointments with your individual therapist. You have to make a conscious commitment to learn the skills and actually apply them in your life. It works if you work it!

Nov 7, 2009 (Started Apr 23, 2009)

Major (for borderline personality disorder)
  • Side effects
    None (for Overall)
Dosage: 2.5 hr Weekly
Advice & Tips: This treatment was prescribed by my doctor to help treat borderline personality disorder so that I might stop my self-injurious behavior that often accompanies this disorder. This group requires a year-long commitment and meets weekly for two and a half hours. During the week we are responsible for keeping up a diary card which is gone over in individual therapy meetings. So far my incidents of self-injury are way down as well as my suicidal urges. It has been an excellent treatment.

Jun 22, 2009 (Started Mar 23, 2009)

Major (for Treat my mood condition(s))
  • Side effects
    None (for Overall)
Dosage: Weekly
Advice & Tips: Everybody should study DBT! Some great life skills that all would benefit from. I personally attended classes for BP2 and BPD. It has taught me a lot about acceptance and personal responsibility; not to mention how to regulate my emotions and tolerate distress.

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for Dialectical Behavioral Therapy