4 patient evaluations for Cannabis with a burden rating of Very hard to take

25 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jun 17, 2017 (Started Nov 27, 2013)

Advice & Tips: Stopped using, too hard to breath in, can't take edibles

May 7, 2017 (Started Nov 27, 2013)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: Only use it three times a month.

Feb 28, 2017 (Started Nov 27, 2013)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: Have really dropped off using it, got a little too high a couple times and I know no one healthy has died from a marijuana overdose, but my ALS condition it could be dangerous.

Nov 23, 2016 (Started Nov 27, 2013)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: Really calms you down.

Feb 9, 2017 (Started Jun 30, 1984)

Moderate (for spasticity)
Dosage: 2 INH Yearly
Advice & Tips: I don't drink alcohol.

Jun 15, 2012 (Started Jun 14, 1963)

None (for joint pain)
    None (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Slight (for sleep problems)
    Slight (for pain)
    None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (paranoid thinking, anxiety and frustration, restlessness at night, Keeps me awake sometimes)
Advice & Tips: The chocolate cookies from the dispensary worked the best and I only needed a tiny amount so the cookie last for a couple of weeks. Also I could carry it on the plane with me when I went on vacation. One other positive side effect was ONE night I had a wonderful time with an old friend I hadn't seen in a while and a friend she brought along. The came to my house and her friend wasn't sure he wanted to come in as he doesn't really like to socialize. I said I'm cool with him coming in and if he doesn't feel welcome or just doesn't feel right they can leave right away and I won't think the less of them nor will my feelings be hurt. He came and and they stayed until the wee hours on the morning listening to Billie Holliday and talking and laughing and coming up with fun plans to write a book or a play or a radio show. It was a really fun night and so unusual for me. There were times I got a bit paranoid and anxious and spacey but I was able to re-anchor myself and shake myself out of those uncomfortable states.

Apr 27, 2012 (Started Jun 14, 1963)

Moderate (for pain)
    Slight (for sleep problems)
    Moderate (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Slight (for joint pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (paranoid thinking, anxiety and frustration, restlessness at night, Keeps me awake sometimes)
Advice & Tips: I stopped taking cannabis because it seemed to stop working. But in desperation I have been taking it again for a couple of days and it has helped with less pain at night and some help with spasticity and stiffness. I have decided to just use it once in a while as part of some of the things I can turn to if I'm having a harder time than usual. I also need to go back to the "Wellness Center" and talk to them about other kinds I could try.

Feb 25, 2012 (Started Jun 14, 1963)

Moderate (for pain)
    Moderate (for sleep problems)
    Slight (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Moderate (for joint pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (paranoid thinking, anxiety and frustration, restlessness at night, Keeps me awake sometimes)
Dosage: 1 other Daily
Advice & Tips: Talk to weed wellness center people about your symptoms and how sensitive you might already know you are to stronger strains and their effects. Keep track of what you take, how much you take, and what effects it has the first time, the second time and so on. I found that over time the effects changed and mostly not for the better. I used a water pipe to reduce the heat in my throat. I even used ice water to cool it. One of the best kinds I found initially that helped me sleep and reduce pain I soon discovered made me depressed and I had to stop. I was only smoking a small amount before bed. I asked my 24 year old son to help me choose a bong in the head shopkkkkk

Dec 30, 2011 (Started Jun 14, 1963)

Major (for pain)
    Major (for sleep problems)
    Moderate (for stiffness/spasticity)
Dosage: 1 other Daily
Advice & Tips: Took cannabis years ago for migraine pain and nausea. I take other medications to help if I get a migraine now. Recently I had a relapse with Fibromyalgia and nothing was working to alleviate the pain, stiffness, and the effect they were having on my sleep. I have found one strain so far that I take at night that is very good for exactly what I need for and it doesn't mess with my head.

Nov 7, 2008 (Started Jan 02, 2005)

Major (for Other)