68 patient evaluations for Naltrexone with a burden rating of Not at all hard to take

434 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Dec 15, 2017 (Started Oct 13, 2017)

None (for complex regional pain syndrome type I)
  • Side effects
    Severe (vivid dreams)

Aug 17, 2017 (Started Jan 31, 2015)

Slight (for rheumatoid arthritis)
Dosage: 3.3 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: There is really no need to continue, because is so hard to get a prescription and it does not help me much anyway.

Mar 21, 2017 (Started Jan 31, 2015)

Slight (for rheumatoid arthritis)
Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I am convinced LDN helps slightly but it not enough. 5 month without painkillers and only twice shortly om prednisolone should indicate some effect. Only I can't go on just now, my pains are too severe.

Dec 31, 2016 (Started Jan 31, 2015)

Dosage: 2.2 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: My third attempt started on 2016-10-31, still taking Sulfasalazine. I am out of Prednisolone and Leflunomide and I have no need for painkillers. That being said, I do have pains in both arms and hands.

Sep 1, 2016 (Started Jan 31, 2015)

Dosage: 1.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I have to try out Sulfasalazine once more (after a 4 year break), and I don't want LDN to affect the result.

Mar 10, 2015 (Started Jan 31, 2015)

Dosage: 1.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: First I had a positive effect, but after approx 25 days I felt bad again. So I take a reading break to find out what I did wrong.

Jul 2, 2017 (Started Sep 01, 2008)

Major (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Mild (insomnia, occasional insomnia)
Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily

Mar 5, 2017 (Started Sep 01, 2008)

Moderate (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily

Sep 7, 2012 (Started Sep 01, 2008)

Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: This medication's given me some very un-expected increase in heat tolerance.

Feb 9, 2009 (Started Sep 01, 2008)

Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily

Sep 7, 2008 (Started Sep 01, 2008)

Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: This medication is FDA approved for MS in "compounded" form only. If an MS patient can obtain a prescription for this medication (many neurologists won't consider writing a script for this), they'll need to have access to a "compounding" pharmacy. As with all medications, success rates appear to vary. Many people who I know that are using LDN have realized dramatic, if not astonishing symptomatic relief in addition to less disease activity. Some that I know tried it for a period of time without any noticible relief or change & thus stopped using it. Success rates have seemed to depend on dosage level, at least from my observations. Some using LDN notice change almost immediately at the lower dosage levels. Others, as noted above, realize no change at any dosage level. Personally, the symptom relief that I've noticed most is an increase in heat tolerance. As far as my overall success rate, I'd say this medication has done very well in slowing the progression. I've gone over 15 months without having an exacerbation or needing IV solu-medrol. 11 of those months have been since I began using LDN, & I'm not using highest dosage. Maintaining my mobility level & being essentially symptom free for this period of time is very unusual (& quite pleasant!) for me; especially over the last 3 yrs. Note: neurologists/MS specialists might recommend a dormant period of time between stopping a current medication (Beta-Seron, Avonex, etc.) & the beginning of LDN use.

Mar 24, 2016 (Started Apr 15, 2015)

Can't tell (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Mild (dehydration, headaches in morning)
Advice & Tips: low toxicity, defintintely helps with depression and nerve pain

Sep 13, 2015 (Started Oct 30, 2009)

Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I am still on LDN and i still am having positive results on my Right side.

Dec 12, 2011 (Started Oct 30, 2009)

Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I have been on LDN since November 2009/ Since I have been on LDn my right side and neck is no longer rigid. I do have rigidity in my left arm and pain in my elbow. On November 11 2011 My Neurologist gave me Botox injections in my left shoulder and elbow and inner arm. It has helped with the pain and I can move my arm more freely. I almost have no pain.

Mar 26, 2011 (Started Oct 30, 2009)

Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I have been on LDN since November 2009. I have no more rigidity in my neck or right side. Still have some in my left arm. Am not falling as often. I also have more energy then I had when I was not on it. I did stop LDN for about 3 weeks in November 2010 the rigidity came back in my my neck and right side and my left arm got worse. I noticed that my balance had gotten much worse too. Since I restarted the LDN in December 2010 I am back to the way I was feeling before I stopped taking it. I will not go a day with out LDN because this is the only medication that has helped me . I have not experienced any side affects like I did with all of the other medications that I have been on for my Parkinsonism.

May 31, 2015 (Started Dec 01, 2014)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: Holy crap this stuff is a miracle drug. I went from barely being able to get out of bed for six years to going back to work full time. This is amazing.

Apr 14, 2015 (Started Oct 11, 2013)

None (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: 1.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: i am not taking LDN anymore, stopped in 2014 as I was seeing no benefit.

Jul 1, 2014 (Started Jun 30, 2012)

Moderate (for alcohol use disorder)
  • Side effects

Jan 28, 2014 (Started Nov 22, 2013)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (loose bowel movements, drowsiness, vivid dreams)
Dosage: 1.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: When you start LDN you need to get off ALL opioids because they conflict. At first I was in pain all the time (4-7 out of 10)+ had Constant daytime drowsiness + vivid dreams every night. With in the week I started smiling instead of Grimacing all the time. Hygiene and house cleaning has become less troubling. After 2 months, the "Whole body" pain has decreased in intensity (now 2-4), allowing me to be able to identify and address specific symptoms w/ my doc. PLUS I've needed only 1or 2 NSAIDs a day! About two months in the drowsiness started to subside + the vivid dreams have been less noticeable!

Dec 13, 2013 (Started Nov 22, 2013)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (loose bowel movements, drowsiness, vivid dreams)
Dosage: 4.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: LDN Helps stimulate endorphins. I seem to be in a better mood (not grimacing as much) and my symptoms seem to be less bothersome. I experience more drowsiness .

Sep 12, 2013 (Started Jan 17, 2013)

None (for sleep problems)

Showing 10 of 68 patient evaluations for Naltrexone