2 patient evaluations for Carbidopa with a burden rating of Not at all hard to take

15 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Dec 15, 2015 (Started Feb 01, 2011)

Major (for nausea)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I now take two generic 25 mg lodosyn with each dose of sinemet to avoid nausea.  It works.

Dec 17, 2012 (Started Feb 01, 2011)

Moderate (for nausea)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I take Lodosyn less often than before for two reasons: 1) my insurance will no longer cover the cost of this medication and it costs me $100 out of pocket to purchase and 2) I seem to be getting nauseous less frequently these days even without the Lodosyn.

Feb 9, 2010 (Started Nov 24, 2008)

Slight (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: My doctor prescribed Lodosyn every early in my diagnosis. He thought it was a good drug to help fight nausea from the other meds I needed to take. So I had been taking Lodosyn a long time...like 2 plus years. The last time I visited him was Feb 8, 2010. He was looking over the list of my meds; when he saw "Lodosyn'' on the list, he asked me if I needed it for nausea. I said, 'what nausea?". At this point I knew he was going to take me off of it. So I quit the next day. No bad effects have followed. It is now 4 weeks since I stopped taking Lodosyn.

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for Carbidopa