1 patient evaluation for Medroxyprogesterone Acetate with a burden rating of Somewhat hard to take

7 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jul 19, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2010)

Major (for Birth control)
    Moderate (for mood swings)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (irregular menstrual periods, breakthrough intermenstrual bleeding)
Advice & Tips: Depo for me has it's good points and bad. I've had my two fab kids and so infertility is not an issue for me. Also I am not in a relationship so neither really is birth control! For me it is management of my moods as before and during my period (and just as I'm due for my next injection) I get terribly irritable and depressed. On the good side it has lightened my periods significantly, almost stopping them except for the three weeks my dog was in season then I was on for three whole weeks... Talk about bodies falling in synch with those you are closest to! The breakthrough bleeding and occasional cramps can be a pain cause you have no way of telling when they will happen.
Side effects: irregular menstrual periods, breakthrough intermenstrual bleeding

Jul 6, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2010)

Major (for Birth control)
    None (for mood swings)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (irregular menstrual periods, breakthrough intermenstrual bleeding)
Side effects: irregular menstrual periods, breakthrough intermenstrual bleeding