10 patient evaluations for Levetiracetam with a burden rating of A little hard to take

100 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Sep 21, 2017 (Started Nov 30, 2016)

Moderate (for seizures (grand mal or tonic-clonic))
    Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (headaches)
Dosage: 500 mg Twice daily

Jan 6, 2017 (Started Nov 30, 2016)

Moderate (for seizures (grand mal or tonic-clonic))
  • Side effects
    Mild (headaches)
Dosage: 500 mg Twice daily

Aug 30, 2016 (Started Nov 15, 2008)

Moderate (for stiffness/spasticity)
  • Side effects
    Mild (drowsiness)
Dosage: 1000 mg Three times daily

Aug 13, 2011 (Started Nov 15, 2008)

Slight (for stiffness/spasticity)
  • Side effects
    Mild (drowsiness)
Dosage: 1000 mg Three times daily

Nov 17, 2010 (Started Nov 15, 2008)

Moderate (for stiffness/spasticity)
  • Side effects
    Mild (drowsiness)

Mar 25, 2013 (Started Dec 13, 2012)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (Mood swings, mild depression, mood swings)

Nov 29, 2012 (Started Apr 12, 2009)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (paranoia, itchy nose)
Dosage: 2000 mg Daily
Side effects: vision loss in left side of visual field for both eyes, itchy nose, paranoia

Jul 7, 2011 (Started Apr 12, 2009)

Dosage: 2000 mg Daily

Jun 2, 2011 (Started Apr 01, 2011)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (anxious mood, brain fog, tiredness, difficulty eating, excessive sleeping (hypersomnia))
Side effects: excessive sleeping (hypersomnia), tiredness, anxious mood, brain fog, difficulty eating

May 23, 2011 (Started Apr 01, 2011)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Severe (anxious mood, brain fog, difficulty eating, excessive sleeping (hypersomnia))
Advice & Tips: -Get into a routine taking it, I take it multiple times a day and make sure I take them roughly the same time each day. -Keppra has leveled out my night sleeping pattern nicely! -Keppra makes me very very tired so I find it hard to concentrate and "join in" activities sometimes because I am tired.

May 15, 2011 (Started Jan 10, 2011)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), tremor in hands, pain in fingers, nightmares, bad dreams)
Advice & Tips: Taking Levetiracetam is not difficult. My neuro replaced it for Topamax. I've not seen any benefits from it. Unlike the Topamax that kept me seizure free for 6 months, Levetiracetam did not improve or change the sz activity. The side effects are bothersome. I have nightmares nightly. It makes me extremely sleepy around midday. I try to fight it but sometimes I can't win. I feel over medicated. So it has disrupted my night sleep now and it makes me nervous when I go to bed and when I'm not feeling well. Also something I never experienced with any drug, sometimes I have audio hallucinations. Random strange noises that don't last long. My appetite has increased. I'll be fine then all of a sudden I'm starving! I don't know if I'm eating from nervousness but it's consumption is constant and I'm gaining weight.
Side effects: nightmares, pain in fingers, tremor in hands, excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), bad dreams

May 1, 2011 (Started Jan 10, 2011)

Can't tell (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: It didn't improve my seizure activity. I gained weight with this drug. It made me increasingly nervous. It was hard to stay awake during the day. At night I dreaded going to sleep because of nightmares. I heard sounds with this drug. Not voices, but sounds. Unidentifiable sounds. I was taking the generic form of Keppra.

Mar 1, 2011 (Started Jan 10, 2011)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: 1. I take this treatment with food twice daily. 1 in the morning and 1 at night. 2. I had hoped it would stop the sz but just like everything else it's not been effective. 3. Experiencing nightmares or bad dreams. Excessive sleepiness around midday. Increase in appetite. I wish I could afford brand name Keppra (and Dilantin) if nothing else to compare them with the generic brands and see if the results differ.

Feb 2, 2011 (Started Jan 10, 2011)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Severe (nightmares)
Advice & Tips: I think this is Keppra by generic name. and it had too many side effects for me. It made me nervous and bad dreams.

Mar 23, 2011 (Started Jun 03, 2011)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (sleepiness)
Advice & Tips: This has been a great product. The side effects are minimal - it tends to make me a bit more tired, and I seem to be more ADD, but I would recommend it in a heartbeat.
Side effects: sleepiness

Oct 10, 2010 (Started Jun 03, 2011)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Mild (sleepiness)
Advice & Tips: Great - just stay on it consistently.
Side effects: sleepiness

Jun 9, 2010 (Started Mar 15, 2011)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (memory problems, balance problems, clumsiness)
Side effects: balance problems, clumsiness, memory problems

Feb 18, 2010 (Started May 03, 2010)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: The cocktail of medication I take has caused me to change my diet and certain things I like to often eat since the food will no longer agree with me or can also reverse the effects of the medication.

Oct 21, 2009 (Started Apr 01, 2003)

Moderate (for nerve pain (neuralgia))

Showing 10 of 10 patient evaluations for Levetiracetam