31 patient evaluations for Pregabalin with a burden rating of Very hard to take

246 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jan 2, 2016 (Started Feb 15, 2010)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (involuntary movement)
Advice & Tips: I stopped taking this after discussing it with my doctor. I was having involuntary twitches and muscle movements that I found very disturbing and was concerned that they would become permanent. I found the Lyrica to only help on a minimal level. Yes it did take some of the pain away, but not enough to make it worth the side effects becoming permanent.

Jan 8, 2014 (Started Jul 01, 2006)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (major depressive disorder, bipolar manic episodes)
Advice & Tips: if you have ANY feelings of anxiety, depression, paranoia, etc. go IMMEDIATELY to your doctor or emergency!!!!!!

Nov 9, 2013 (Started Dec 15, 2012)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
    None (for diabetes type 2)
  • Side effects

Jul 16, 2013 (Started Dec 15, 2012)

Can’t tell (for diabetes type 2)
    Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects

Sep 7, 2013 (Started Sep 06, 2013)

Can’t tell (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Daily take 1600 mg of Tegretol began to change over to Lyrica last dosage last night Dr prescribed 1x 75mg tab instead of 300 mg Tegretol + balance of Tegretol 600mg x 3 days,on 4th day 1 Lyrica + 300 mg Tegretol (lunch time) 600 mg Tegretol + 1 x 75 mg Lyrica ( evening) DAY 6 - 9 * 300 mg Tegretol + 1 x 75 mg Lyrica DAY10-12 *150 mg Lyrica (lunch time)Tegretol 300mg + 150 mg Lyrica (evening) I will replace 1600 mg Tegretol with 300 mg Tegretol + 300 mg Lyrica,hoping this works out What does everyone think of Lyrica ? & what do you think of dosage,is 300mg enough to replace 1200 mg of Tegretol ?

Aug 15, 2013 (Started Apr 18, 2012)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
    Slight (for generalized anxiety disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: This was very helpful for me, and I had good results with it. My advice: be consistent in taking Lyrica. Do not skip doses. I know that it gets old, always having to take a handful of pills every time you turn around. But this is about restoring your quality of life. This medication was like standing in the sunshine after having been locked up in a damp cave. It makes that much difference!

Apr 28, 2012 (Started Oct 01, 2009)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG ANY MORE tHIS DRUG NEARLY CAUSED ME TO COMMIT SUSICIDE!
Side effects: feelings of isolation, muscle twitching, fluid retention under the eyes, large fluid filled blisters on face, facial swelling, itching arms and all over upper torso, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of hands, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of arms, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of feet, suicidal thoughts or urges

Aug 7, 2010 (Started Oct 01, 2009)

None (for muscle pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (jerky movements (dyskinesia) of feet, fluid retention under the eyes, itching arms and all over upper torso, large fluid filled blisters on face, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of hands, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of arms, feelings of isolation, facial swelling, suicidal thoughts or urges, muscle twitching)
Advice & Tips: I would tell anyone don't try it! Even my Dr. won't prescribe it anymore after seeing what it's done to me and researching it from the company that makes it. According to the side effects listed by the company, these are all a "normal" reactions. Well I wish I'd have known that before I took it. I've tried to get off about 6 times now and every time I get down to the last few days of one pill the feelings of suicide are just awful and scare me so bad I have to go back on them. I don't know what the answer to this is. Do I have to go in to drug rehab to get off of the darn things? I wonder.

Jan 24, 2010 (Started Oct 01, 2009)

Slight (for Pain)
    Can’t tell (for muscle pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (jerky movements (dyskinesia) of feet, fluid retention under the eyes, itching arms and all over upper torso, large fluid filled blisters on face, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of hands, jerky movements (dyskinesia) of arms, feelings of isolation, facial swelling, suicidal thoughts or urges, muscle twitching)
Advice & Tips: My doctor placed me on Lyrica thinking it might help my pain, and perhaps they do somewhat, but they cause severe swelling , especially on my face in fluid filled blister like things. I have small bumps under my skin all over my upper torso which itch awfully all the time. I've tried to get off this drug twice with my doctors help and every time I had to go back on because the suicidal feelings were so strong, I couldn't take it any more. I wouldn't wish this drug on anyone!

Jan 2, 2010 (Started Oct 01, 2009)

Slight (for Pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: This is a drug I wouldn't ever give to anyone I cared about! It has caused me nothing but trouble from day1. Between the huge fluid filled blisters on my face to the constant muscle twitches and jerks, this is a drug that is more tha a sligt burden to my daily life and I would qut taking it immediately if I could, but the last problem and most important problem is the severe suicidal feelings I get as soon as I lower the dosage.

Jan 15, 2012 (Started May 16, 2008)

None (for muscle pain)
    Moderate (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
    Severe (problems concentrating, blurry vision, weight gain, brain fog)
Advice & Tips: I was taking Lyrica for a few years and then I had trouble with my insurance paying for my script so I stopped using the Lyrica for awhile. I finally got things squared away with the insurance and I started taking Lyrica again at a lower dose. Within 3 days of restarting the Lyrica my family noticed that I had changed. I was groggy and not paying attention to important things. I felt a presence who talked to me and I talked back. That was a really creepy feeling once I realized what was happening. I stopped taking the Lyrica again because my family was shocked at the difference in my behavior. My pain is worse without the Lyrica, but my life is much better.
Side effects: problems concentrating, blurry vision, brain fog, weight gain, weight gain

Nov 29, 2009 (Started May 16, 2008)

Moderate (for Pain)
    Moderate (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
    Moderate (for muscle pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (problems concentrating, blurry vision, weight gain, brain fog)
Advice & Tips: Before I was taking my current dose of 600 mg. of Lyrica a day I was a total mess with electric type pain consuming my whole body in addition to the regular type of pain that the doctor prescribes regular pain meds for. Now that I am on such a high dose of the Lyrica I am at least able to live a normal life where I am not constantly being electrocuted by everything I touch and feel inside.

Dec 17, 2011 (Started Dec 07, 2011)

None (for fibromyalgia)
    None (for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome)
    None (for Pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (increase in widespread pain)
Advice & Tips: I had a bad experience with this drug I got very sick and had to stay in bed. I stopped taking it and those symptoms went away. If you have autoimmune issues with many allergic reactions I'd be careful trying new drugs.

Nov 30, 2011 (Started Nov 21, 2011)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (dizziness and feeling faint)
Advice & Tips: just smile

Nov 26, 2011 (Started Feb 25, 2007)

Slight (for generalized anxiety disorder)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: well i manage by taking it as it helps with the pain in my nerves.

Showing 10 of 31 patient evaluations for Pregabalin