2 patient evaluations for Guaifenesin with a burden rating of A little hard to take

21 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Feb 24, 2011 (Started Jan 24, 2011)

Major (for thick saliva)
  • Side effects
Dosage: 8 x 50 mg/5 mL Daily
Advice & Tips: This was very effective at thinning my saliva, but can be a little pricey if you use a lot. Your doctor can give a prescription for this so it's covered under insurance.

Feb 20, 2010 (Started Jun 14, 2005)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I didn't think this treatment was working. Once the mucinex became to expensive I found a generic form of guai. I take 3 tablets every 4-6 hours. I hate taking pills, so when I started my new job '09 October I took them less and less thinking I felt good so why did I need them? Well by December I was back to needing help getting out of a chair and hurting so much I want to cry all the time. By January I would sleep 6-10 hours, but after about 2 hours of being awake I felt like I had not slept at all and was ready for a 6 hour nap. So I am back on the guai. It wall probably take about 6 months or more to be back to feeling better again. But I proved to myself that this was helping me feel good enough to do things. It doesn't relieve the pain and fatigue completely, but get it to a level that I can handle.

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for Guaifenesin