3 patient evaluations for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with a burden rating of Very hard to take

53 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Aug 31, 2011 (Started Jul 01, 2011)

Slight (for central sensitivity syndrome)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (exhaustion)
Dosage: 120 min Monthly
Advice & Tips: Did not focus on CBT. Was more interested in learning my family dynamics and upbringing than with helping me learn techniques to cope with my illness.
Side effects: exhaustion

Oct 1, 2010 (Started Jun 07, 2010)

Slight (for bipolar disorder)
    None (for depressed mood)
    Slight (for anger)
Dosage: 50 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: I have found cognitive behavioral therapy to be a waste of time for me personally. That said I do think there are a LOT of people that would benefit from this type of therapy. I wasn't in it very long at all, maybe 2 months, and that just is not enough time to get any real gain from it, in my opinion. It was very hard for me to apply it to every day life, but I did learn a few coping techniques to apply, and I do that routinely, but I still falter somewhat. Overall, I think this is a good therapy, I think I just need to find a therapist that I feel more comfortable with, and where the therapy is not solely cognitive behavioral therapy. I hope this helps someone!

Oct 1, 2010 (Started Aug 19, 2010)

None (for Treat my mood condition(s))
  • Side effects
    Severe (agitation)
Dosage: 50 min Weekly
Side effects: agitation

Showing 3 of 3 patient evaluations for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)