17 patient evaluations for Fentanyl patch with a burden rating of Not at all hard to take

123 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Sep 26, 2016 (Started Jun 27, 2012)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Major (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: 50 mcg M,W,F

Sep 19, 2016 (Started Jul 01, 2010)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Moderate (for optic neuritis)
  • Side effects
    Severe (constipation)
Dosage: 25 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: Constipation is SEVERE!! Make sure precautions are taken when using this drug.

Aug 9, 2016 (Started Feb 01, 2004)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Slight (for Ehlers-Danlos syndrome hypermobility type)
  • Side effects
    Mild (chronic constipation)
Dosage: 25 mcg Every other day
Advice & Tips: The patch from heb doesn't need the top patch.

May 15, 2016 (Started Feb 01, 2004)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Slight (for Ehlers-Danlos syndrome hypermobility type)
  • Side effects
    Mild (chronic constipation)
Dosage: 75 mcg M,W,F

Feb 2, 2012 (Started Feb 01, 2004)

Moderate (for Ehlers-Danlos syndrome hypermobility type)
  • Side effects
    Mild (chronic constipation)
Dosage: 75 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: make sure to eat regularly, I also make sure to have a high fiber diet, to regulate the chronic constipation this medicine has caused. For me, one or two Fiber One bars is all I need or 1-2 Cara Cara oranges. We use another patch on top to hold it in place. it's from 3M. We then write the date & time we changed that patch to help with memory. They didn't have this, but I change my patch ever 48 hours. I use 15 in 1 month's time, costing 8.00. I also insist on the Mylan brand, it's smaller, takes off less skin when removed and fits perfectly under the patches I use on top (will edit later with a name of this patch)!

Apr 12, 2016 (Started May 01, 2011)

Slight (for pain)
Dosage: 100 mcg Weekly
Advice & Tips: I change my patch every 72 hours so when I put my patch on I write the date on my patch with a permanent marker so I don't have to keep track of when to put on a new one. ....... I am a woman and I have found after many trials and errors that the best place to stick the patches is underneath your breast. The patch adheres nicely to that skin and nobody sees it. It isn't bothered by your bra either. When I put it on I hold my hand over the patch to the count of 30 so my hand warms up the adhesive so it sticks all the way around. I will look up the brand as this brand that I asked the pharmacist to get is the best brand around. Like others said, there is a difference in the brands and I told my pharmacist that! ....... I am still in horrible pain so I don't know how much pain I would be in if I did not have the Fentanyl Patch to wear. I know that when I first started wearing it I felt some difference when I got to the 100mcg patch.

Feb 1, 2013 (Started Sep 09, 2012)

Moderate (for chronic pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (knots in muscles)
Dosage: 25 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: Where I placed the patch,I would get huge knots...as if my nerves just bundled there.

Dec 13, 2012 (Started Sep 09, 2012)

Moderate (for chronic pain)
Dosage: 25 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: I use one every 72 hours.Sometimes I have to take a Vicodin on top of that,just to get some pain relief.It helped more when I used a different brand.

May 26, 2012 (Started Dec 15, 2010)

Major (for deep leg pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (constipation, itching)
Dosage: 25 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: i have side effects to most narcotics. i did not like watching the clock and worrying about when it was time for my meds. caring pills around. with the patch i change it every 3 days. i alternate on my arms but get to itchy to place it the other recommended spots. change it and forget it, then take Vicodin once or twice a day for breakthrough. i gets alittle hot and sweaty but i use a trans dermal bandage/see though. a box is about $10s for month and really keeps them stuck i have bad reactions to most pain meds like percocet and Oxycontin and i did not like having to watch the clock and carry meds around with me so i could take it ever 4 hours. i really like being able to put on patch on my arm (alternating) every three days and forget about it. only taking Vicodin for breakthrough. i am very pleased with it

Oct 10, 2011 (Started Jan 28, 2011)

Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (nausea and vomiting)
Dosage: 12 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: Side effects worse than the pain

Mar 23, 2011 (Started Jan 19, 2009)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
Dosage: 25 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: I set a reminder on my cell phone so I don't forget to change my patch every 72 hours. The downside to taking this medication, besides the side effects, is sticky residue that is left over after removing one patch. Sometimes it causes itchiness and sometimes it is hard to remove the residue.

Mar 13, 2011 (Started Jan 24, 2011)

• Side effects

Feb 24, 2011 (Started Jan 24, 2011)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: i'm still in the process of working up to a comfortable dosage as of yet. the 25mg is, so far, an improvement from the 12mg. i am fairly functional with it, and not too groggy.

Sep 7, 2010 (Started May 01, 2009)

Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (skin irritation under patch)
Dosage: 250 mcg Monthly
Side effects: skin irritation under patch

Showing 10 of 17 patient evaluations for Fentanyl patch