5 patient evaluations for Hydroxyzine with a burden rating of A little hard to take

49 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jun 24, 2012 (Started Jan 01, 2009)

Slight (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: I have to decide when I can take it as it makes me very tired. I cannot drive after taking the Visteril.

Jul 1, 2011 (Started Jan 01, 2009)

Slight (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Severe (drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: I finally had to stop taking the Vistaril as the tiredness just wouldn't go away and I hated being even more tired than I already was. I was really dragging and I addressed this to my psychiatrist. Dr. O and I talked about my anxiety over the course of some visits and he pointed out some triggers that I could avoid and we agreed that I could stop taking it. Any other medication would react too negatively with my other meds so I decided that I would handle my anxiety by taking a few big, deep breaths when I felt real stressed and this would help calm me better than any pill could.

Nov 21, 2010 (Started Oct 01, 2009)

Moderate (for itching)
  • Side effects
    Mild (drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: I have been taking this medication for a while to help my horrible itch. When I first started taking this medication I could only take it at night as it did make me feel very sleepy but after a few weeks I was able to take this medication during the day. A plus side of taking this medication is that it also can help with sickness and can be taken as well other anti sickness medications.
Side effects: drowsiness

Jan 8, 2010 (Started Dec 02, 2009)

Slight (for allergies)

Nov 1, 2009 (Started )

Slight (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Severe (morning sleepiness if taken too late in the evening, drowsiness, sleepiness)
Advice & Tips: This medication was prescribed for me to take as needed for anxiety. It helps my body relax when I am exhausted but my body feels like it is running a marathon and will not allow me to rest. The downside for me is it makes me very sleepy for a long time and I have to be alert to help care for my wheelchair confined 78 year old mother.
Side effects: morning sleepiness if taken too late in the evening, drowsiness, sleepiness

Jul 2, 2009 (Started Dec 15, 2006)

Slight (for itching)
  • Side effects
    Severe (drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: It may or may not affect the itch. Either way, you'll be too drowsy to care. I honestly don't think it lessens this particular itch, but I itch less while I'm knocked out on it.
Side effects: drowsiness