2 patient evaluations for Talk therapy with a adherence rating of Always

52 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Apr 18, 2013 (Started Mar 20, 2011)

Moderate (for to learn to live,laugh,love,get over my anxities,cognitive behavioral therapy to climb out of the misery)
    Moderate (for depression with anxiety)
    Moderate (for learn to cope with illness)
    None (for no sexual desire)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (costly (ie money or time))
Dosage: 60 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: Going to my therapist and talking with her is a great way to get things off my chest so I do not explode on the people that I love. It has helped me cope with some of my feelings, but really it is a nice way to vent without having to worry about it getting out in the "streets". She doesn't tell anyone and usually has great advice. She has not only been a great therapist but she has become a good friend as well, at least that is the way I feel. Professionally she can not actually be "friends" with me, but we will not deny that we know each other because we are that close. If I ever stop seeing her because my treatment is up or the cost of it, I will make sure to stay her friend because I love being around her. Her joyfulness of life is a great influence on me.

Apr 23, 2010 (Started Apr 23, 2000)

Slight (for to learn to live,laugh,love,get over my anxities,cognitive behavioral therapy to climb out of the misery)
  • Side effects
Dosage: 60 min Every Other Week
Advice & Tips: Talk therapy has been very important to me. Finding the right proffesional is the key to making progress. He/She must have the experience and compassion it takes for you to trust and feel safe. They give you the ability to do the hard work of digging down deep and pulling up things that you never knew were there. It will be painful at times but the payoff is hope. It comes one epiphany at a time. The questions above are difficult to answer because emotions can swing wildly. I really value the relationship I have with my Therapist. Thank you.

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for Talk therapy