17 patient evaluations for Modafinil with a adherence rating of Usually

162 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jan 28, 2016 (Started Jan 07, 2014)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I talked to Dr. O about me still being so tired all of the time and he increased my dosage to 400 mg a day. Hopefully that will help. I don't know if my CFS has gotten worse, I have Winter Sun Deprivation, or I am building up a tolerance to the Provigil. I hope it is not the third choice. Wish me luck folks at the new dosage. Today it really didn't wake me up as I really wanted to take a nap today but I was able to resist the urge which was an improvement I guess. :)

Nov 21, 2015 (Started Jan 07, 2014)

Major (for excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence))
  • Side effects
    Mild (loss of appetite)
Advice & Tips: On my last visit with Dr. O I asked him to increase my Provigil so he upped me to 300mg a day. I thought that 200mg was max but he told me to break one in half. That is okay with me. They don't taste bad. I really needed my dose adjusted as I was starting to lose the benefits of the medicine. Since September I have been getting up every day but some days have been a real struggle for me. I don't want to sleep my day away. My depression has also lifted from my MIL passing away and that helps to get me out of bed. Abilify helped with that too. Depression on top of CFS really put me down for awhile. The increase to 300mg is making a difference in how I am feeling. I hope that the feelings continue at least for awhile and I don't become accustomed to this dose too soon. My appetite is still down so I can pretty much eat whatever I want to because I am down to my ideal weight. That was certainly an unexpected benefit!!!

Sep 21, 2015 (Started Jan 07, 2014)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I try to take the Provigil every day but some days my fatigue is so terrible that I forget that I even have the Provigil even though I have been taking it for over a year and a half. I will be surprised when I realize that I have forgotten that I even have it and I have stayed a day or two in bed, unable to get up. I have thought about bringing the Provigil into my bedroom so that I never have to get out of bed to take it. I did talk to Dr. O who rx's the Provigil and asked him to think about upping my dose to 250mg a day (this is the maximum dose) as some other days I will take the Provigil and then lay back down and fall back to sleep and sleep through some of the day and this is not what the Provigil is supposed to do. It is supposed to prevent this. I still say though that Provigil has changed my life by giving me the ability to stay awake and one of the added benefits is that it has helped me to lose the last of the weight that the Lyrica put on me. I am glad to lose the last of that weight as it was so hard for me to get around. I am thankful every day for the Provigil!!!

Apr 17, 2014 (Started Jan 07, 2014)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I take the Provigil with my morning meds and it has made a significant improvement in my daytime fatigue. I have benefited from feeling mentally alert and able to function better. I feel as if some of the weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I did not notice a real change until after the 4th week.

Jan 15, 2016 (Started Jan 01, 2010)

• Side effects

Dec 18, 2012 (Started Jun 01, 2007)

Can’t tell (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects

Sep 7, 2010 (Started Aug 21, 2010)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
    Moderate (for excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence))
  • Side effects
    Mild (headaches)
Side effects: headaches

Aug 30, 2010 (Started Aug 29, 2008)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I took this medication every morning I had to drive to work (Mon, Tues & Wed) or anytime I had to drive for more than just a few minutes. It helped keep me awake & alert. Without it I was always on the verge of falling asleep at the wheel. I never suffered any side effects at all. This medication made it possible for me to drive the 40 minute trip to work every morning & back every night.

Mar 15, 2010 (Started Aug 29, 2008)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I only take this when I will be driving and need to stay alert and awake, about 3 days a week.

Feb 16, 2010 (Started Dec 10, 2009)

• Side effects

Jan 23, 2010 (Started Feb 14, 2009)

Moderate (for excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence))
  • Side effects
    Mild (anxious mood)
Side effects: anxious mood

Nov 4, 2009 (Started Feb 23, 1990)

Major (for brain fog)
  • Side effects
    Mild (irritability)
Advice & Tips: same company has update medication and I do like NUVIGIL better because it has less personality affects
Side effects: irritability

Aug 21, 2009 (Started Jul 24, 2008)

Moderate (for excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence))
  • Side effects
    Mild (sleep problems, dry mouth)
Side effects: dry mouth, sleep problems

Aug 12, 2009 (Started Jul 24, 2008)

Slight (for excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence))
Side effects: dry mouth, sleep problems

Aug 19, 2009 (Started Aug 05, 2009)

Major (for brain fog)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: watch your Blood Pressure. Provigil made me feel great & I could concentrate & function. BUT,my BP went up so high I was falling & wound up in the ER with a concussion

Showing 10 of 17 patient evaluations for Modafinil