5 patient evaluations for Deep breathing and relaxation with a adherence rating of Always

17 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Dec 6, 2016 (Started Mar 01, 2010)

Major (for pain)
    Major (for Support mental / emotional health)
Dosage: 50 min Daily
Advice & Tips: Am happy to report that deep breathing has become more of a instinctive habit now. It took some time to get here, but now it feels more natural to take a deep relaxing belly breath when tension, fear or anger arises rather than react from a place of fear and lack. Now, I feel empowered by the breath to stand still, strong, centre myself and react from a place of love and empathy (for myself as well as others).

Mar 5, 2012 (Started Mar 01, 2010)

Major (for pain)
Dosage: 50 min Daily
Advice & Tips: I practice deep breathing and relaxation techniques alongside meditation both when I am experiencing attacks of pain and when I am pain free. This treatment helps me to feel more whole, centered and able to manage the periods of pain more effectively. My body tenses up with pain and deep breathing relaxes my body and helps to calm my mind so I can either allow myself to go with the flow of the pain instead of fighting it, or to distance myself from the physical pain by 'rising above it' emotionally.

Oct 19, 2009 (Started Jan 14, 2008)

Slight (for fatigue)
Dosage: 0.5 hr Daily
Advice & Tips: I learned how to do this when I was studying trombone! It definitely helps to relieve stress and gives me a a feeling of serenity. I have mild sleep apnea and try to do this before sleeping.

Dec 23, 2008 (Started Jan 01, 1990)

Moderate (for pain)
    Major (for panic attacks)
    Moderate (for stress)
Dosage: 2 hr Daily

Dec 19, 2008 (Started Mar 06, 2008)

Moderate (for Other)
    Major (for stress)
Dosage: 1 hr Daily
Advice & Tips: this is great for bypolar and stress and it helps with pain it takes some things negetive away from my thinking and it helps when i am working

Sep 17, 2008 (Started Oct 01, 2006)

Dosage: 1 hr Daily